Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Body parts for 7 Style Car - MNR
dibble10

posted on 22/6/11 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
Body parts for 7 Style Car - MNR

Hi All,

My 1st post so please be nice!

I recently purchased a 7 style, bike engined car - I bought it as it was reasonable cost, and seemed a very good base to start from:

Wilwood 4 Piston Calipers all round
Brand new team dynamics lightweight wheels (new tyres also)
Gaz Shockers all round
Lighweight GRP seats

Anyway..........you get the idea, not a bad package to start for my 1st kit car.................

HOWEVER, the bodywork, whilst ok, isnt mint, I've purchased some new cycle wings, and the rear end seems fine, but I'd really like to replace the nose cone, bonnet and possibly scuttle panel (to match in with the bonnet - makes sense)

I've been on to MNR (as I think the design of their body panels looks mint, just a little tweak over the 'standard' 7 style, with the blended windscreen and incorporated fascia), and as helpful as the guy was, very polite, nice to talk to and willing to sell the parts, he wasnt able to give me any measurements!

What I'm after is measurements of the MNR body panels, or alternatively, if anyone has a supplier of similarly cool body panels - i've done google searches to no avail???

I have a close friend thats experience with fibreglass, so some minor modifications are no worries!

Many thanks for any help and advice.

Cheers

Simon

893cc Blade Engined 7 style.......thinking of ZZR1400 transplant???

vinny1275

posted on 22/6/11 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
Mnr didn't use to sell their bodywork to anyone who didn't have their chassis.. they have changed the bodywork over time, and it does need some fettling to fit anyway, so if I measure mine it almost certainly won't be what you get (i had to cut a good few inches off the front of the body when fitting the nose). You don't say where in the country you are, there might be someone local to you with a recent chassis / body set you can go and measure....

Good luck!

skippad

posted on 22/6/11 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.saturnsportscars.co.uk/
Based in Hartlepool makes all fibreglass panels for haynes roadster, the panels can be made to fit MK's etc
quality and gelcoat finish is superb.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dibble10

posted on 22/6/11 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
Awesome, cheers guys - I'm based near newcastle upon tyne, so the guy in hartlepool could be a good shout!

thanks again

893cc Blade Engined 7 style.......thinking of ZZR1400 transplant???

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.