Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: mnr reverse box?? problems??
Ian Jones

posted on 8/4/13 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
mnr reverse box?? problems??

Hi all

I am just putting out feelers at the mo to see if there might be a problem or not.

I have noticed a small oil ish patch on the drive under the aries. (above where the reverse box is)

From reading on here, the quaife reverse box tends to leak some fluid out of the breather, but is the mnr the same?

I had a look from above into the tunnel, and there is a oil type splash around that area and a tear drop coming down from the reverse box mounting.

is this something i need looking at, or is it the norm?, or nothing to do with the reverse box, and is something different?

thanks
ian

renetom

posted on 8/4/13 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
Hi
Ask MNR they are really helpfull.

ReMan

posted on 8/4/13 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ian Jones
Hi all

I am just putting out feelers at the mo to see if there might be a problem or not.

I have noticed a small oil ish patch on the drive under the aries. (above where the reverse box is)

From reading on here, the quaife reverse box tends to leak some fluid out of the breather, but is the mnr the same?

I had a look from above into the tunnel, and there is a oil type splash around that area and a tear drop coming down from the reverse box mounting.

is this something i need looking at, or is it the norm?, or nothing to do with the reverse box, and is something different?

thanks
ian

I'd be interested in any other feedback or the response, as I am unhappy as my MNR box as it seems to be leaking too

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

HappyFather

posted on 9/4/13 at 07:10 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I'm interested to know the outcome of this too.

When I bought my kit, back in June 2010, I bought all the parts to build it. That included a MNR reverse box. I have had the box for 3 years but since I only drove the car twice inside the garage, it was not completed more than a few hundred meters. So I have no problem, but interested to know if I'll have one when I start using the car.

Specially concerned if it loses oil because I was told their are not serviceable so we can't add oil or check level.

Good luck finding a solution and please post back! Much appreciated.

Cheers,
HappyFather

Ian Jones

posted on 10/4/13 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
I have had abit of a update

i got the aries into the air today and had a good look underneath

there looks like most of the mess under there is grease, as its nice and thick etc, so im guessing it is from the U joints on the prob/grease nipples etc

there was a very fine amount. half a drip of a light fluid, that i was not to sure what it was, but there was no sights of a run/flow of fluid from the reverse box.

here are a couple of pics

and in this pic, the threaded bit on the left hand side of the pic on the prop was lose, so i done it up as tight as i could with my hands

renetom

posted on 10/4/13 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like melted grease from the CV joint to me.
perksy

posted on 10/4/13 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like its had too much grease and the excess has found its way out of the joint ?
Ian Jones

posted on 10/4/13 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
on the last pic, one the left side, just above where the white number 9 is, is that where the grease would of been put in or something? as it was lose there and not fully done up

thanks
ian

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.