Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: cambelt change ST170
Dave Bailey

posted on 6/6/13 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
cambelt change ST170

Ok did the cambelt change today and what a pig... I have it back together but the cam timing is about 3 degrees different to before... not sure whether to do it again... I had a problem with the belt tensioner where the ford instructions say fit the tensioner move the hex adjuster to 4 o'clock then move the tensioner until the pointer aligns with the tab that is secured in the rear cover. Doing it this way and the adjuster would not align... I managed to get the adjuster aligned but the hex is at 9 O'clock . anyone else had the same issue?

Hopefully the video link below will help to explain...

cambelt_tensioner

silky16v

posted on 7/6/13 at 06:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bailey
Ok did the cambelt change today and what a pig... I have it back together but the cam timing is about 3 degrees different to before... not sure whether to do it again... I had a problem with the belt tensioner where the ford instructions say fit the tensioner move the hex adjuster to 4 o'clock then move the tensioner until the pointer aligns with the tab that is secured in the rear cover. Doing it this way and the adjuster would not align... I managed to get the adjuster aligned but the hex is at 9 O'clock . anyone else had the same issue?

Hopefully the video link below will help to explain...

cambelt_tensioner

Mine was exactly like that when I fitted the VCT delete kit did over 1000 miles no issues, have to agree very difficult to get it spot on

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.