Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2014 Detling kit show
t11

posted on 1/2/14 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
2014 Detling kit show

I hear from a very good sauce there will be no Detling show this year, 2012 was very poor and in a small hall, last year it was back to the 2 big hall but very few builders there so now we have nothing hear in the south east........
Ben_Copeland

posted on 1/2/14 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
Hasn't been very good for years. Bhp show at lyddens supposed to be good.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

coozer

posted on 1/2/14 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, and there's no Newark this year either.

Lets all support Stoneliegh and Donnington this year.

[Edited on 1/2/14 by coozer]

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

dave

posted on 1/2/14 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
I say every year that I'm not going back to Stoneleigh, but every year I go. might try Donnington this year as well.
theduck

posted on 1/2/14 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Don't forget Malvern ;-)

http://www.malvernkitcarshow.co.uk

ashg

posted on 2/2/14 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
Donnington has been good the last couple of years the dymamic is a bit different. you can go look around the hall spend some money eat some food then walk outside a be entertained by the racing and autosolo bods.

And as for stoneliegh I just wish they would shake it up a bit and move stuff around. Every year everything inside and out is in the same place. its like ground hog day! Sadly I don't think the organisers will ever do it as all the traders and clubs all moan that they want the same spot as last year. Sadly this kind of behaviour will end in its demise as people will stop going because it feels like the same old stuff as the year before and the year before and 10 other years before that.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

steve m

posted on 2/2/14 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
I have been to all the shows at some point over the last 15 years, and the only ones that I felt gave the best value
were Newark and Donnington, Exeter
Newark was laid out very well and as our cars were laid out in the middle, it was very easy to make sure you did not miss anything, with stalls to the side and end, (sheds)

Donnington had the track, that a good few years ago was available for use by us kit car frequenters, again the whole setup was easy to use, and all the stands inside and outside were again easy to use

Exeter was always a fav of mine, as the last one of the year, and seemed to have a bit of organisation, as there are only two halls, and all the kits cars in one place just outside in the car park

Apart from the above, Detling was just a free for all, and just a field with some cars and small stalls, ive only been there two or 3 times, and each vowed never to go back! plus its always too early in the season, and the weather has never been good

Stoneliegh is a very big site, and so vast it must be impossible to see all the various car club stands in one day
and as Ash said, the insides stands/stalls, are all exactly the same as they were in 1999

As for the others, so many! but just a one year fad, that never stayed the distance

Steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.