Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hayabusa Turbo Car WANTED
MarcusG

posted on 30/6/14 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Hayabusa Turbo Car WANTED

Hi,

Currently I've got an MNR Vortx with a Ford ST170 engine which I've really enjoyed, but now want something faster

I'm very keen on getting a well sorted and road legal Hayabusa Turbo powered kit car, it will be mainly for trackday use but I want to be able to take it on the road and drive to track in it.

I'm 6'4" so will be looking for a car with a little bit of head and leg room, and would ideally like a full cage. Beyond this I don't want to be too specific as probably not a huge amount out there, but if you have something that you think may suit and are interested in selling then please get in touch, and I'd love to discuss it with you.

I'm based in Surrey, and my contact details are:

marcusgange@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Marcus

daniel mason

posted on 30/6/14 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
You will pretty much certainly encounter very expensive issues running a turbo busa! But every now a and then they do pop up for sale. It will be mega fast but will cost a massive amount to get it right

INDY BIRD

posted on 30/6/14 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Done 2 turbo cars and they are very fast but on track you can not do many laps as they get hot and prone as said to go pop, mine did once,

Not many out there but there are probably more dax rush turbo cars than any built so keep an eye out for them, they will be expensive though, other option buy a std busa car and do the conversion ourself that way you know it's done as you want it as ou never know what's be done internally etc,

Good luck hunting and they are super quick cars mine was great fun but near 9k in the engine once all done, won't do that again

jwhatley

posted on 30/6/14 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
9k is good, i take it you did it all yourself? The recipt I have for my engine is nearly double that! Saying that the previous owner had it built and spent that money, I would never spend that much.

Personally, they will only go pop if there not built correctly or not looked after. I've done over 4000 miles in mines and have only had to do a set of valve guides which was actually not due to a failure, more an issue brought on from porting the head. I send it back to holeshot every two years for a re ring and condition check. Other than the rings, I've not had any issues with the engine, more the bits that are bolted to it!

Cooling, if propperly thought out and executed is not an issue on track. Thick core rad, vented side pods, charge cooler and oil cooler positioning are crucial. With my setup I can run as long as I have fuel in the tank without any issues. On the road it rarely gets hot enough and I'm constantly blanking the oil cooler or adjusting the thermostat.

Upgrade pretty much every thing if your going to go for big power. I've recently done the gearbox as it finally met it's maker. Again not caused by the extra power, more through a failure of a 2.50 circlip that from what I can see has happened on a number of standard bikes too.

I'd sell mine for the right figure, but I don't think anyone would pay that much, there's too much money in parts in it now, let alone my time!

U2U if your interested in an engine spec.

[Edited on 1/7/14 by jwhatley]

MarcusG

posted on 16/7/14 at 07:04 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks or the feedback guys, jwhatley I've sent a U2U so would be keen to talk more on yours, and I will keep looking in the mean time!
jeffw

posted on 16/7/14 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.tts-performance.co.uk/#!suzuki-gsx1300-hayabusa/c1i6x

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.