Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Velocity XT
Gremlin

posted on 29/6/05 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
Velocity XT

Im thinking of building a velocity xt but would like to go for the original locost GRP as it will give me a slightly lower bonnet without the air intake. I would like to have the car as small as possible so i can see over the bonnet and i prefer the look of the original.

What’s the best engine for this kit? i was hoping to go BE but not sure? I also like the idea of vx xe 16v or the zetec!

I started building a R1 powered locst a few years ago but had to sell. Any help plz!

EZy GreMLiN

"The only way to get rid of temptation is too give in to it..!"

colibriman

posted on 29/6/05 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
using a fazer r1 would be a better idea than an R1 if you want to keep a lower bonnet line. The carbs and airbox are completely different - much more horizontal intake...I have a 2004 one for sale just now.

need a bike engine? - www.colibriman.com

SVA ready Mk Indyblade possibly for sale.....if the offers good...!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark18

posted on 29/6/05 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
You won't have any problems with the Locost GRP, the velocity is pretty much a book locost with IRS and a wider track, so you'll need the wide rear arches, but that's it.

Mark

"I don't know what I may seem to the world. But as to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than the ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Isaac Newton

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Gremlin

posted on 29/6/05 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
Whats the fazer R1? Is that just a newer model?

EZy GreMLiN

"The only way to get rid of temptation is too give in to it..!"

colibriman

posted on 29/6/05 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
its a slightly detuned model. came out around 2001 I think.

it has 141 or 143 bhp ( depending on year) but the good thing is that it makes its torque(the same amount as an R1) at 1000rpm less in the rev range..so it feels quicker, sooner...speak to Athoirs (Andy) on here...he has one in his car..

need a bike engine? - www.colibriman.com

SVA ready Mk Indyblade possibly for sale.....if the offers good...!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
billy

posted on 10/7/05 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
heres mine with a 16v vx lump in her oh its a locost say cheers to those BEC cars

[Edited on 10/7/05 by billy]

[Edited on 10/7/05 by billy] Rescued attachment IMG0042.JPG
Rescued attachment IMG0042.JPG

luego-lo-cost finished,vauxhall 16v 2.0,twin 45s de-dion rear set up

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.