Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Registration - Receipts for New Major Components
saigonij

posted on 22/3/07 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
Registration - Receipts for New Major Components

A quick question.

supposing i brought a rear dif from Ebay, advertised as new. what would happen when it came to registration -> How stringent are the DVLA on checking reciepts? It cold be 2 years from when i brought the major component and so the item will have been removed from ebay - the seller might not even exist?

Woudl this cause trouble - do the inspectors simply want to see a receipt and not check the supplier?

Mr Whippy

posted on 22/3/07 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
what's wrong with a printout of the ad?

[Edited on 22/3/07 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
saigonij

posted on 22/3/07 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
thats what i was wondering about - is that going to be sufficent to appease the powers that be?
ned

posted on 22/3/07 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
or buy 1 bolt from ford and then scan the letter head/invoice, tweak accordingly and printout your own receipt

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
clockwork

posted on 22/3/07 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
^^ Then you would be commiting fraud
ukbaggio

posted on 22/3/07 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by saigonij
A quick question.

supposing i brought a rear dif from Ebay, advertised as new. what would happen when it came to registration -> How stringent are the DVLA on checking reciepts? It cold be 2 years from when i brought the major component and so the item will have been removed from ebay - the seller might not even exist?

Woudl this cause trouble - do the inspectors simply want to see a receipt and not check the supplier?

When u win the item on ebay they will send u comfirmation on e-mail.....

saigonij

posted on 22/3/07 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
So it looks like a print out of the item that was for sale should be fine? the DVLA will be happy with that - even if its sold by some bloke who brought alot of old stock from Ford?

im just trying to make sure i dont buy anything that i would not be able to prove as being "new" when the time came.

saigonij

posted on 25/3/07 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
just brought some brand new front hubs off ebay. £75 for the pair. not bad plus they will go towards the list of "new components".

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.