Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2 very quick questions
ewan

posted on 14/8/07 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
2 very quick questions

1. Can I get an air filter off the shelf for my fireblade 954; idealy I would like the 4 individual cone type (pipercross), or would I have to get something specially made.

2. Plumbing my radiator the hoses to and from the radiator are 25mm; am I best using the flexable pipe or make it with angles ect.

Thats all for now.

worX

posted on 14/8/07 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Ewan,

I am not speaking from personal experience but I believe the "individual sock filters" are not the best type of filters.

You want either a "flat" filter or a "sausage" filter or if you really want to do it right you want an induction kit.

I bought my sausage filter from TTS, but I would also recommend (as I have before) Andy of ABPerformance. He is usually a tiny bit cheaper, and has given me the best service I've received in the kitcar industry. If you want his number it is 01449 73 66 33.

His induction kit is dearer than just a plain filter but it would be what I would of gone for if I'd known about it at the time...

Oh, and he also does the jetting kit, but your engine is injected so you won't need that!

edited to add: I used flexi silicone hoses throughout my cooling system and as yours is I used 25mm all the way. You can get plenty of it on ebay, but I have received good service and good prices (when I've called them direct!) from these guys: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Venair-Performance-Silicone-Hoses

atb
Steve
ewan
ewan

[Edited on 14/8/07 by worX]

ChrisGamlin

posted on 14/8/07 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
1 - doubtful. Why do you want 4 individual filters though, they are more expensive and less efficient than a single large sausage filter?

2 - A good way to do it is to buy flexible silicone angled hoses (45 degree, 90 degree etc) and link them with straight aluminium pipe or additional straight flexible hose with joiners.

You can bend straight flexible pipe round corners but not very well, it will either pinch and close up or need a very wide arc to get round say a 90 degree corner. Don't use the corrugated flexible pipe unless you have no other option though, they don't flow water nearly as well as a smooth bore pipe of the same diameter so could cause cooling issues.

shortie

posted on 14/8/07 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
I used a combination of flexible silicon hoses and standars copper pipe which is 22mm and you can get reucers to go to the smaller pipes.

Use the joints with the solder already in them on the ends so you can push the hose over and clamp for a nice fit, heat them to melt the solder out first.

Once you have made what you need up then just paint it up in any colour you wat.

Looks good and cheap as chips!

HTH,
Rich.

adithorp

posted on 14/8/07 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shortie
I used a combination of flexible silicon hoses and standars copper pipe which is 22mm and you can get reucers to go to the smaller pipes.

Use the joints with the solder already in them on the ends so you can push the hose over and clamp for a nice fit, heat them to melt the solder out first.

Once you have made what you need up then just paint it up in any colour you wat.

Looks good and cheap as chips!

HTH,
Rich.

Snap!

Adrian

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.