Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: remote master cylinder reservoir?
chrisg

posted on 4/3/08 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
remote master cylinder reservoir?

I'm using a twin master cylinder, balance bar brake set-up on my new project, the cylinders don't have a built in reservoir.

I've looked at Demon Thieves amongst others and the reservoirs seem to be very expensive for what they are, could anyone recommend a production car reservoir that is remote and has two chambers or a single chamber one that I could get two of?

Thank you so very much,

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

tks

posted on 4/3/08 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
believe me, you will need a switch incorporated and it needs to be brakefluid closed (so no strange rubber can be used....)

i would def. buy one on a brake system..

in fact its possible that they fail you on that point..

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

muzchap

posted on 4/3/08 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
MNR do a good one (had and sold) for £30.00

Or get 2 master cylinder resovoirs from the scrapyard Get 2 relatively small ones and use those - one for each mastercylinder.

------------------------------------
If you believe you're not crazy, whilst everybody is telling you, you are - then they are definitely wrong!

turbodisplay

posted on 4/3/08 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
I think peugeot do what you are looking for on one of theres cars, 106?.
Not sure but i have a vaguen memory from a scrapyard hunt.
Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RazMan

posted on 4/3/08 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
CBS do a nice 3 chamber reservoir with switch - so you can cover your clutch too.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrisg

posted on 4/3/08 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
CBS do a nice 3 chamber reservoir with switch - so you can cover your clutch too.

It's a cable clutch!

Thanks for the replies chaps, I'll trawl the scrappies and let you know what I find.

cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

SPYDER

posted on 4/3/08 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Theres one on fleabay right now. Search "SAAB TVR". One day to go. £3 at the moment.
Geoff.

Taz Surfleet

posted on 4/3/08 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
arggggggggggggggg spider i got my eye on that !!!lol only kidding
chrisg

posted on 4/3/08 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
May the best man win!

(it'll be you, it's looking a bit pricey for me, I've got a reputation as a skinflint to protect! )

cheers

Chris

les g

posted on 4/3/08 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
m/cyl res

quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
I'm using a twin master cylinder, balance bar brake set-up on my new project, the cylinders don't have a built in reservoir.

I've looked at Demon Thieves amongst others and the reservoirs seem to be very expensive for what they are, could anyone recommend a production car reservoir that is remote and has two chambers or a single chamber one that I could get two of?

Thank you so very much,

Chris

hi chris
glad you are up and about
just a thought ,could you use one reservoir and tee the pipe to both m/cyls
les g

muzchap

posted on 4/3/08 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
If you can do that - I've got an Elise one you can have for £5 + postage

That has 2 outputs on the resevoir, as it also has a hydraulic clutch!

Let me know via U2U

If you believe you're not crazy, whilst everybody is telling you, you are - then they are definitely wrong!

indykid

posted on 4/3/08 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
fiat 126 had remote reservoir from what i remember including float switch

tom

chrisg

posted on 5/3/08 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
As I understand it both systems need to be separate so that if one fails you till have some braking, you can use a single reservoir but it must be divided internally to give two separate chambers - is the Elise one like that?

cheers

Chris

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.