Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WTD - where to buy odd bolts??
eznfrank

posted on 9/3/08 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
WTD - where to buy odd bolts??

I'm trying to find.......

1. Front hub to strut pinch bolts
2. Rear hub to trailing arm bolts

and all those sort of things that no-one knows what the hell you're talking about?!?!

Is it just a Ford jobbie or anyone know of anywhere else?

Thanks

tegwin

posted on 9/3/08 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
If they are Ford to Ford components then Ford should be able to find you the bolts...

Or, figure out the thread pitch and the length you want and go to Namrick.co.uk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

l0c0st

posted on 9/3/08 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
If i'm thinking of the right one the Front hub to strut pinch bolt is the one that used to clamp the suspenson strut on the donor and will now clamp the adjustable mushroom thing.

If it is that one then you will need to drill out where it goes and fit an M12 nut and bolt through it because the front wing stay is secured to the rear of it.

Again, i'm not sure which ones you mean by the Rear hub to trailing arm bolts, but if they are the ones securing the the rear hub to the carrier, supplied by MK, then they are M10, but they are 10.9 tensile strength.

Hope i'm not just confusing matters.

Dom

eznfrank

posted on 9/3/08 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers mate, the Haynes manual says these bolts are opposite thread or have MK swapped this so there all normal. TBH I've not even looked at the thread.
l0c0st

posted on 9/3/08 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
The only ones that i have come across that have an opposite thread are the huge 41mm nuts that hold the rear hub and driveshaft together. I'm using drum brakes on the rear though, so could be different to discs.
ditchlewis

posted on 10/3/08 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
i need to reposition my wing stays as i have them clamped in the gap between the upright

do you need to drill out the upright? as i was hoping that it was just a case of putting in longer bolts and nuts on the end.

ditch

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.