Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Hammerite metal master
Taz Surfleet

posted on 15/5/08 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
Hammerite metal master

Apart from the fact its hammerite anybody tried using one of their new metalmasters to paint a chassis yet ?
http://www.hammerite.com/uk/products/ps_metalmaster.html

speedyxjs

posted on 15/5/08 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
Looks pretty cool

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Mr Whippy

posted on 15/5/08 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
hmm like the look of that, I have a few trailers to build

actually just looked at the video and it looks brilliant , I use hammerite a lot these days and the normal spray is very wasteful and gets everywhere but gives the best finish as brushed on smoothrite always has the brush marks left. Oh I can see me getting that at the weekend

[Edited on 15/5/08 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Taz Surfleet

posted on 15/5/08 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
Just looked it up on b&q's site gun is £40 and paint £15 a pop may be worth giving it a go!
tegwin

posted on 15/5/08 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
wow...if it works as advertised I really like that!

Normal spray cans waste so much paint.....

I wonder how hard it is to clean the thing once you are done painting everything under the sun!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

indykid

posted on 15/5/08 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
did anyone else notice they missed a bit behind the finial at the end of the video?

seems like an interesting concept, yet not quite as good as they make out.

tom

russbost

posted on 15/5/08 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Question is how much coverage does that £15 worth of paint give? if it paints half a chassis, well worth it, if it's gonna take half a dozen cans then not such a bargain.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Stuart_B

posted on 15/5/08 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
it looks good.

black mk indy, 1.6pinto on cbr600 bike carb's.

Taz Surfleet

posted on 15/5/08 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
I did the full MK chassis using 4 tins of standard smootherite so If you use that as a guide. standard cans are 400ml at £9 each now (£36) the new cans on B&Q give 2 sizes 750ml & 360ml both £15 if i use the smaller and allow for less overspray say 4 cans again gives £60 if u include the gun at £40 gives total value of £100 and you still get to use the gun again etc still got to be good value (Im trying to convince myself here arent I!!)
Mr Whippy

posted on 15/5/08 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Question is how much coverage does that £15 worth of paint give? if it paints half a chassis, well worth it, if it's gonna take half a dozen cans then not such a bargain.

Found this in the instructions, does seem to cover quite a bit -

One thing to note is that once opened the can has to be used within 24 hrs so the chassis or what ever your were painting would have to be all ready.

[Edited on 15/5/08 by Mr Whippy] Rescued attachment paint.JPG
Rescued attachment paint.JPG

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.