Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: O/T Mobile phone cock-up
donut

posted on 24/5/08 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
O/T Mobile phone cock-up

Ok, i go to Croydon today with my son cos he wants to buy a better mobile phone. We go to Car Phone Whorehouse (i think) and we both think he is on Orange pay as you go.

We buy a phone with an Orange sim card for a decent price and get home. He puts his original sim card from his old phone in and all is ok.

We then notice it says Vodaphone on the screen!!! Then i remember that he is with Vodaphone. The chap in the shop says that the phones they sell are unlocked so...

Will the phone be ok to use and top up?

Sorry for the numpty questions but i'm not into mobile phones hence i have a cheap simple jobby that can only phone and not take pics etc!

Thanks in advance.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Miks15

posted on 24/5/08 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
If they are unlocked they should be able to have take any sim card.

Try ringing your sons number and if it rings on the phone the sim card is working

Im pretty sure if the sim wouldnt work you wouldnt even get vodafone up on the screen

nitram38

posted on 24/5/08 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Most car phone warehouse phones are unlocked so you shouldn't have any problems.
The only supplier who it won't work for is 3

donut

posted on 24/5/08 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
phew!!

thanks

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
l0c0st

posted on 25/5/08 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
I got my Mrs a phone from carphone warehouse with the intention of using her T-mobile sim card in.

The phone she wanted was cheaper with an orange sim than t-mobile. When i asked they said the phones are unlocked to any network but the credit needs to be used up on the orange sim before swapping sim cards otherwise orange will lock the phone.

Worth checking with the store you got it from.

We used the orange credit up and swapped the card over and have had no problems.

HTH

Dom

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.