Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WTD Sheet metal bender/folder...
tegwin

posted on 10/7/08 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
WTD Sheet metal bender/folder...

Just on the offchance..

Does anyone have a sheet metal folder/bender thingie that can do boxes (I.E Adjustable jaws) that they want to sell?

Not after a massive one....have a project that is going to require one...

Oh, its 2mm mild steel...

Failing that...anyone know where I can get a useable cheap one?

[Edited on 10/7/08 by tegwin]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Taz Surfleet

posted on 10/7/08 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
Machine mart do a small one for about 35 but to be honest if you go take a look at it theres probably only 10 worth of angle iron you could make your own !!
Wadders

posted on 10/7/08 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
Box and pan folders don't come cheap, expect to pay between £400 and £600 for a decent secondhand 16g x 4ft folder

2mm is a bit thick for a hand powered machine.

Might be better just paying someone to do the job.

Al.

Just found this on fleabay, supposed to be very good these are, although never tried one.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GABRO-BOX-AND-PAN-FOLDER_W0QQitemZ220254233643QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220254233643&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

Originally posted by tegwin
Just on the offchance..

Does anyone have a sheet metal folder/bender thingie that can do boxes (I.E Adjustable jaws) that they want to sell?

Not after a massive one....have a project that is going to require one...

Oh, its 2mm mild steel...

Failing that...anyone know where I can get a useable cheap one?

[Edited on 10/7/08 by tegwin]

[Edited on 10/7/08 by Wadders]

clairetoo

posted on 10/7/08 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wadders

Just found this on fleabay, supposed to be very good these are, although never tried one.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GABRO-BOX-AND-PAN-FOLDER_W0QQitemZ220254233643QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220254233643&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

I used to have one of those , even had the floor stand..........sold it on ebay a couple of years ago for something like £250
They were going to bung it in the skip at work so I found it a home in my shed but hardly used it............

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

hillbillyracer

posted on 10/7/08 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
I just kept looking on Ebay & in the paper for auctions etc, eventually got a 6ft 14g (2mm) Edwards in reasonable order for £660.
I've got it to make tractor mudguards & the like, before long I hope it'll have paid for itself!
Paying someone else to do it would have been OK but it was difficult to get folk to do exactly what I wanted & their mistakes hard to put right, I found it difficult to find someone who would let me use theirs, more problems with Health & Saftey, insurance etc than them not wanting to let me use it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.