Board logo

ZX9R CLUTCH - BEST MAUUFACTURER?
westindy - 21/1/07 at 06:20 PM

Want to get a decent clutch for my Indyzx9r, anyone any experience of good clutches. Its needed for track days ..etc so it gts hammered. What thr Barnett clutch like ?.

Cheers

Hellfire - 21/1/07 at 06:36 PM

There's nothing wrong with the stock clutch. Just replace the standard clutch springs with Barnetts and it will be fine for trackdays etc.

Phil

westindy - 21/1/07 at 07:09 PM

Hellfire, My stock clutch is knackered so I need some more plates - EBC v Barnett v original ZX9R ?

Cheers

zxrlocost - 21/1/07 at 07:13 PM

nothing wrong with the original clutch for the money

just put double clutch springs on and it will feel more car like

unless there already double up

Hellfire - 21/1/07 at 07:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by westindy
Hellfire, My stock clutch is knackered so I need some more plates - EBC v Barnett v original ZX9R ?

Cheers

Don't go for the EBC's whatever you do. Personally I'd go for the OEM clutch plates.

Phil

Wadders - 21/1/07 at 07:23 PM

I'd second that, OEM every time. as said just use stronger springs. never had mine slip even when drag racing.

Al.

Originally posted by Hellfire

quote:
Originally posted by westindy

Cheers

Don't go for the EBC's whatever you do. Personally I'd go for the OEM clutch plates.

Phil

JoelP - 21/1/07 at 07:48 PM

I had barnett plates and heavy duty springs, worked fine for me.

[Edited on 21/1/07 by JoelP]

westindy - 21/1/07 at 08:23 PM

If I go for the OEM plates - anyone know the best place to buy them without being ripped off?

Cheers

cossiebri - 21/1/07 at 08:52 PM

I would just say, make sure you ask for genuine plates,otherwise you will end up with pattern/ebc
(used to work in the bike trade,so know how they work!)

G.Man - 21/1/07 at 09:21 PM

I would stick with stock plates and uprated springs...

Wouldnt touch barnetts again with a barge pole...

westindy - 21/1/07 at 09:36 PM

OK message received - got to go for the OEM clutch plates - Can someone tell me the best place to purchase these and approx cost?