Board logo

Floor line (for Radius exept front area)
bigdrew - 28/11/11 at 10:41 PM

Following on from this old thread: http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=47403

Is it still possible to do this for IVA? I.e. is the floor line still determined through the same method and crucially is it still determined 'except for bodywork' as for the note in the picture from the SVA guide from the previous thread.

I already have my front indicators mounted in the same way with on a very solid bar.

From the manual (section 16 Exterior Projections) it appears the cone is still used but I'm not sure if the ruling around it has changed and I really don't understand the wording!

snapper - 29/11/11 at 06:41 AM

The photo in the previouse thread shows the indicators to far out IMHO
400mm to outer edge of the indicator min and that looks more like 250
Edges on suspension are not hard to cover, nut covers and shrink wrap over yoga mat etc.

wicket - 29/11/11 at 12:37 PM

Surely its 400mm MAX to the outer edge of the indicator.

blakep82 - 29/11/11 at 12:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wicket
Surely its 400mm MAX to the outer edge of the indicator.

correct

bigdrew - 3/12/11 at 04:22 PM

Thats how I saw it.. Anyone know about how the floor line is calculated though?

PeterV - 16/12/11 at 09:29 AM

My WLR failed on the floor line radius.

The floor line is now the line at which the testers Dalek (affectionatly known as Len at VOSA Norwich) type cone touches the lowerst bodywork of the car. Even if this changes as he/she goes around the car from what I saw. So I've no idea how you'd go about calculating this!

Exmainer did say my car would have passed the SVA test as the floor line determination was diffrent back then.

Confused??? But busy buying sticky trim none the less.