Board logo

wishbones
phil clegg - 18/9/14 at 06:58 AM

I have rose joints on mine,been on four years works fine,i put the cheap McGill e bay joints on with the rubber boots , 1 joint failure only where I damaged a boot,so boots are a must,plenty of adjustment.

whitestu - 18/9/14 at 07:15 AM

I've got those joints on mine without boots. When you say the joint failed, what actually broke?

Stu

phil clegg - 18/9/14 at 06:24 PM

this was supposed to be a reply to the use of rosejointed rear suspension on a Haynes.i have front and rear rosejoints,no actual fails just some wear detected in the one with a split boot,this seems to me like the boots really work.

Lew The Machine - 19/9/14 at 01:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by phil clegg
this was supposed to be a reply to the use of rosejointed rear suspension on a Haynes.i have front and rear rosejoints,no actual fails just some wear detected in the one with a split boot,this seems to me like the boots really work.

Just spotted that... was that for me?

mc gill it is!

Cheers

scutter - 19/9/14 at 04:59 PM

Phil, you still need to put some photos of your car in your photo archive. I'm sure some near you could help. It'll help me through my home improvements and ensure I get back the build.

As for Rose joints I agree, without protection mine showed signs of wear in about 12 months.

ATB Dan.

phil clegg - 19/9/14 at 10:07 PM

as a shed man I have few friends,my wife might put some pics on,i have just removed my twin side pipes[r 1 cans] and replaced with a singal exit,sounds and runs better,depends how far you are with your exaust....

scutter - 20/9/14 at 03:00 PM

Side pipes
Side pipes

I'm here with the exhausts, only £200 for parts for both sides, just need the primaries really.

ATB Dan.

phil clegg - 22/9/14 at 06:50 PM

search u tube, Ormskirk motorfest,jeffrey Patrick webb,,also Bernie dando and highlights of my first time,,you should find pictures of mine its black and red,,,