Board logo

Collecting a kit
TheGiantTribble - 15/2/12 at 03:02 PM

Hi everyone.

Well I've had the call from Westfield, my 11 kit will be ready for collection next week YAY

Now my problem is while I can drive on my licence (you know one of them strange paper thingy's) up to a 3.5 tonner, I absolutley hate driving anything bigger than a car, the Mrs reconds it turns me into a stress head for about a week!

Can anyone recommend a person or company who might be able to collect and deliver Chassis/bodywork and few boxs of parts? Birmingham to Clacton, yes I really would rather pay some one rather than do it myself, I hate driving vans that much!

Westfield recommend a Luton type van with a flat floor and minimum space of 150" x 67"

Thanks in advance

Bill

Agriv8 - 15/2/12 at 03:14 PM

Bill,

have you tried westfield they may offer delivery service or will have someone they have used ?

just a thought

eddie99 - 15/2/12 at 03:22 PM

I can probably do it next week for petrol cost and a bit for timee

Any interest to you? If so give me a call on 07590 804865

[Edited on 15/2/12 by eddie99]

[Edited on 15/2/12 by eddie99]

James - 15/2/12 at 03:39 PM

Would Westfield not courier it all out to you?

Would seem the simplest way to me.

Good luck with the build!

Jams

designer - 15/2/12 at 03:48 PM

Shiply.com

Bluemoon - 15/2/12 at 04:29 PM

Managed to get MK into large long wheel base transit (do check measurement it's a while ago now!)

stevec - 15/2/12 at 05:25 PM

You may be missing out on a factory tour and lot of tips and advise and a cup of tea by not collecting it your self.

Steve.

bi22le - 15/2/12 at 07:42 PM

Why not get a friend to drive? You will need help to unload at youth end anyway.

if i was picking up a new kit i would want to visit and collect from the factory. you can check it and ask any final questions.

i can't wait until i get to collect a new kit.

good luck with the build.

TheGiantTribble - 15/2/12 at 10:41 PM

Thanks for the reply/suggestions all.

Unfortunatly Westfield said from the very start they don't organise/arrange transport

Thanks for the offer Eddie I may give ya a ring 'morrow.
And Steve I've already had the factory tour...I must have enjoyed it as I then handed them me money Ouchie.