Board logo

Liking this
mookaloid - 30/5/12 at 08:42 PM

Tribute Automotive MX250 - Mazda MX5 based body conversion / kit car with NO IVA | eBay

Tribute Automotive

phelpsa - 30/5/12 at 08:48 PM

That does look interesting!

wylliezx9r - 30/5/12 at 08:50 PM

Would look great with the correct wheels and a good paint job, and maybe a v6/v8 under the bonnet. The 250 gto is my all time favourite car.

PAUL FISHER - 30/5/12 at 09:04 PM

I like it, as said above different wheels and it would look much better.

ReMan - 30/5/12 at 09:04 PM

As said the wheels arent doing it any favors
Oterwise, if it floats your boat its interesting

ditchlewis - 30/5/12 at 10:05 PM

i saw this at stoneleigh and had a good long chat to the guys.

even in primer it looked good, it is well thought and presented, a few minor gap/shut line issues around the front wing to door area but he admitted that this was being revised to improve the fit and quality.

as i said even in primer it jumped out at me from across the crowded hall.

these are the same guys who tried to make a Bentley continental out of a supra until VW stopped them.

if the wife had not spent all the dough i would be very tempted

ditch

steve m - 31/5/12 at 12:12 AM

I like it, and as said wrong wheels and wrong colour, but looks very nice

scootz - 31/5/12 at 05:59 AM

I like that!

Ninehigh - 31/5/12 at 06:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
I like that!

+1

Maybe they could get in with Clairetoo and her V6 conversion

Panda - 31/5/12 at 06:58 AM

Am I the only one who doesn't get the bodyjob kit cars? Why change a supra into a Bentley rep or as I've seen lately celica verts into astons? Seems strange to me as the costs must be sky high asking 17-20k for the Aston reps you can easily buy an Aston itself for that ok a db7 but at least it's genuine?

Slimy38 - 31/5/12 at 07:18 AM

I do agree with that in some cases. The most obvious one is the Audi TT rep. There was one on Ebay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370617593035), ok it looks half decent, but for the build costs you could quite easily buy a real Mark 1 TT.

Obviously you're not going to get a 250 GTO for any money nowadays, so this is a better option. But overall I wasn't overly impressed by the Stoneleigh showing. It might have been better to see a completed car.

D Beddows - 31/5/12 at 07:48 AM

I like the front - not too sure about the back, the proportions don't look quite right to me somehow. Wonder if they'd sell you just the front hmmmm.......LOL

I don't mind bodykit cars so much especially if they don't make too much effort to pretend to actually be a Ferrari. The interior lets most of them down for me, an MR2 interior is an MR2 interior even with a Ferrari gearknob

Benzine - 31/5/12 at 08:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
I like the front - not too sure about the back, the proportions don't look quite right to me somehow

Yeah same here. If you look here you can see someone did a photoshop of the rear end and I much prefer it

Ninehigh - 31/5/12 at 09:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
The interior lets most of them down for me, an MR2 interior is an MR2 interior even with a Ferrari gearknob

Wonder how long it'll be before bodykits feature internal tweaks

clairetoo - 31/5/12 at 09:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
I like that!

+1

Maybe they could get in with Clairetoo and her V6 conversion

I had a good long chat with them at the show