Board logo

Cadwell trackday 17th Oct
Andy D - 26/9/14 at 06:05 PM

Anyone else booked onto this one?

Friday, 17th Oct with Trackaction. Apparently there are only a few places left if you fancy it..

http://trackaction-online.com/zencart/

adithorp - 26/9/14 at 09:20 PM

I keep looking at it and the Oulton day on the 12th Nov (they're doing a deal on the 2) but I can't make up my mind.

gingerprince - 26/9/14 at 11:48 PM

Bugger didn't know about this one. Was planning on Cadwell on the 13th but work commitment scuppered that so booked Mallory on the 10th instead. Would love to book this too, but it's got to be suicide booking another session in a BEC so close after tackling Gerrards!

adithorp - 27/9/14 at 08:11 AM

How long you wait after Mallory won't make a difference; It won't heal itself... Though after 6 days this year with only one burst hose and some worn out tyres as a result, I'm loathed to push my luck.

laptoprob - 27/9/14 at 08:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gingerprince
Bugger didn't know about this one. Was planning on Cadwell on the 13th but work commitment scuppered that so booked Mallory on the 10th instead. Would love to book this too, but it's got to be suicide booking another session in a BEC so close after tackling Gerrards!

Ive booked the 13th at Cadwell, looks like a pretty good day and Dave at Opentrack is hosting so free drinks and cakes all day!!

Andy D - 27/9/14 at 03:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by laptoprob
quote:
Originally posted by gingerprince

Ive booked the 13th at Cadwell, looks like a pretty good day and Dave at Opentrack is hosting so free drinks and cakes all day!!

Cakes? ... we'll have to lobby Trackaction to equal the cakes offer. I shouldn't grumble mind having pilfered various barbequed delights at previous T/A track days.

quote:

Si, six days is ample time to fit your spare engine!

bigfoot4616 - 27/9/14 at 05:45 PM

anyone know any B+B's close to cadwell? think this one is going to be to late in the year to sleep in the back of the van.

Andy D - 27/9/14 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bigfoot4616
anyone know any B+B's close to cadwell? think this one is going to be to late in the year to sleep in the back of the van.

Wuss!

There's a list of B&Bs on MSV's website Rich,

http://www.cadwellpark.co.uk/circuit-information/accommodation.aspx

bigfoot4616 - 27/9/14 at 10:07 PM

would you sleep in your tent in october?
it was cold enough last time we where there in august.

Andy D - 28/9/14 at 07:48 AM

quote:
would you sleep in your tent in october?
it was cold enough last time we where there in august.

I don't sleep in my tent in June July or August, so why would October be any different! Me and tents don't really get on well..

Andy D - 13/10/14 at 11:12 AM

Weather's not looking too shabby for Friday. No idea if there are any spaces left..

Jon Ison - 13/10/14 at 11:42 AM

Was when I booked earlier today..................

Andy D - 13/10/14 at 01:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
Was when I booked earlier today..................

Yay!

Jon Ison - 13/10/14 at 02:20 PM

Been keeping an eye on forecast for a while now decided to take the plunge this morning rather than risk waiting any longer, I missed out on Blyton Sunday due to weather watching, Fridays forecast at the moment is good.

Andy D - 16/10/14 at 01:26 PM

quote:
Been keeping an eye on forecast for a while now decided to take the plunge this morning rather than risk waiting any longer, I missed out on Blyton Sunday due to weather watching, Fridays forecast at the moment is good.

Still looking good for tomorrow Jon.

Hoping the met office isn't telling porkies.

Jon Ison - 16/10/14 at 01:31 PM

Just loaded car onto trailer in beautiful sunshine, tomorrow's forecast stays mostly dray and warm with sunshine in the afternoon.

See you in the morning.

bigfoot4616 - 16/10/14 at 01:39 PM

all loaded up and ready to go. chippy for tea in a couple of hours then set of down.

Andy D - 16/10/14 at 02:29 PM

Just in the process of loading up now, horrible weather up here today, see you boys in the morning.

bigfoot4616 - 16/10/14 at 03:19 PM

suns out here

Andy D - 16/10/14 at 03:53 PM

quote:
suns out here

Make sure you take it with you!

Andy D - 17/10/14 at 08:22 PM

Pretty good day today. Weather behaved, and most folks behaved too..

Will get a few pics up tomorrow.

Andy D - 18/10/14 at 10:20 AM

As promised, some pics from the day.

All uploaded here:

http://s133.photobucket.com/user/dixonandrew/library/Cadwell%2017th%20Oct%202014#/user/dixonandrew/library/Cadwell%2017th%20Oct%202014?sort=2&page =1&_suid=141362642674402743526566105587

Andy D - 19/10/14 at 07:24 AM

Some videos from the day's happenings..

First one, an early session following a mate in the black Megabusa, then ending up chasing a fairly rapid Porsche.

Next up, chasing Bigfoot's R1 Striker untill he drops a wheel on the grass...

And lastly, trying to get a bit of a chase going with Jon Ison.. it wasn't to be.. Jon had a wobble, I baled out, more grass tracking!

(Sorry for the picture, I forgot to clean off the camera lens. )

INDY BIRD - 19/10/14 at 08:43 AM

great pics and videos there andy as always,

I hope big foots car was ok as he looked to be heading to the barrier pretty hot?

Cheers
sean

Andy D - 19/10/14 at 09:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by INDY BIRD

I hope big foots car was ok as he looked to be heading to the barrier pretty hot?

Cheers
sean

I'm sure he'll pop up and give us the word.. He did hit the tyre wall quite hard, but after a paddock MOT the Striker looks to have held up remarkably well.

Jon Ison - 19/10/14 at 09:35 AM

Great footage, sorry about the incident on the mountain, later traced to a bad earth.

Andy D - 19/10/14 at 10:01 AM

quote:
Great footage, sorry about the incident on the mountain, later traced to a bad earth.

No problem Jon. We'll just have to have another go sometime.

bigfoot4616 - 19/10/14 at 10:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by INDY BIRD

Cheers
sean

i think i was lucky in the angle i went into the tyres almost square on. looks like only bent wishbone, wing stay bent and cracked on the front, exhaust can squashed and a bit of minor cosmetic damage. may of also slightly bent rear wheel or halfshaft.

here's the vid

all i can put the cause down to is just a lapse in concentration and letting the car run out wider than i had been doing on previous laps.

INDY BIRD - 19/10/14 at 04:07 PM

Holy what's its just watched e video and it did throw you about a bit in the car, hope your necks etc is ok may ache a bit after that?

If your need rear wings I have a pair in black in very good condition etc, , save buying new ?

Glad you are ok that's the main thing

Best of luck getting it back on track

[Edited on 19/10/14 by INDY BIRD]

bigfoot4616 - 19/10/14 at 04:27 PM

yes, necks a bit sore although its doesn't feel as bad now as it did last night. right arm is aching a bit as well, nothing to bad though.

could be interested in those rear arches, nearside is damaged quite badly from the bump and the offside one has been hammered by stone chips to the extent sections of gelcoat is missing.
are they the wider ones? if so whats the actual width?

no rush though, i'm hoping to get the important stuff fixed for oulton next month and just bodge up the cosmetic stuff until winter.