Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK or Avon?
Avoneer

posted on 17/2/07 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
Let's not mention some of the Avon probs then....

Rear produces negative camber when you go over a bump. No triangulation at the back. All front shocks supplied by Tiger are too short and the car rests on it's bump stop etc. etc. etc.

I'm not anti any car, but for sub 6K and having seen, sat in, helped with and played with various cars, I do still think MK is the better package at that price.

That's why it's so popular.

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gr8ging

posted on 17/2/07 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the replies guys.
It's good to see people so passionate about they're hobby.
I hope my future questions (and trust me there will be loads) generate such a good response.

Cheers

Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals.... except the weasel.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine!

oliwb

posted on 17/2/07 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Avoneer
Let's not mention some of the Avon probs then....

Rear produces negative camber when you go over a bump. No triangulation at the back. All front shocks supplied by Tiger are too short and the car rests on it's bump stop etc. etc. etc.

I'm not anti any car, but for sub 6K and having seen, sat in, helped with and played with various cars, I do still think MK is the better package at that price.

That's why it's so popular.

Pat...

Why shouldn't we mention the avons problems?? Its by no means perfect as you point out. Nor is the Tiger Cat-E1 etc etc. My point is will I'm willing to admit that fact many of the other kit owners are willing to recomend their product without giving the full story. You really, really need to go and have a drive in them all before making up your mind. Oh and if you buy a Tiger don't get their comprehensive kits or donor packs as they're crap. However, the rest of it is fairly good stuff.....I've yet to see a chassis stronger than my cat's. (thats not supposed to be a competitve statment either....) go and drive them and decide on the one you like the most. But don't be swayed by other owners, the company etc as whilst backup during building is important you'll find that ppl will help anyone not just fellow owners and once its built it yours and you may not have much contact with the factory or other owners - so what ever you do don't look at cost etc as the decider. Many ppl will only do it once so do it right first time! Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.