Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SAAB Powered WLR update
PeterV

posted on 20/11/10 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
SAAB Powered WLR update

The beast is now fully dressed with only the diffuser and rear wing to attach.
There are still many issues to sort out ones of which is the rear fog lamp will not fit as it fouls the fuel tank.

Does anyone know the depth of a 95mm diameter LED rear fog lamp?

[Edited on 20/11/10 by PeterV]

dwpage

posted on 20/11/10 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
I had the same problem with mine, overcome it by finding some plastic pipe the same diameter as the lamp and made a 50mm spacing out of it, used some long 4mm bolts problem solved.
Your getting closer to IVA, good luck.
David

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeCapon

posted on 20/11/10 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
WOW

That's going to be beautiful. You are absolutely right to pay attention to every single detail.

I am seriously jealous

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
PeterV

posted on 20/11/10 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers David. Sounds like a plan. Especially if the LED fog lamp is also to deep.

I think I have too many details to take care of Mike Don't think I'll be ready for the scary IVA until April at this rate!

PeterV

posted on 19/1/11 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
The Bonnet has been modified into its final shape and now awaits final painting.
The beasts front end now looks ultra agressive. When the light units are fitted it should look very cool indeed IMHO

Snarling Beast

Problem? Black Projector units in white or chrome light pods? Time for a vote me thinks.

Scruffy Light Pod Ready For Painting

PeterV

posted on 22/1/11 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
There was a vote!
Friends and family all disagreed, then changed their minds just in time to disagree again. But eventually there was a consensus.
Chrome.

The rest of the consesus was that the headlight lenses should be smoke tinted with white edge trims. So I guess thats more work and the next task then.......

Maybe it's best not to be so democratic from now on

PeterV

posted on 24/1/11 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
OK this is a slightly better picture now that the light units, glass and trim have been fitted. Also the bonnet upper and middle vent grills have been installed which tends to soften the vent outlines.
The rear wing is offered up in this shot as well, although not yet fully fitted.

Unfortunately the wide angle lens used in this shot tends to make her look a bit of a big nose but hopefully some pics of her out of the workshop will show her in a sexier pose. All we need is some good weather and some willing hands for a roll out onto the driveway

scootz

posted on 24/1/11 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Looks fab!

Always had a bit of a soft-spot for the WLR!

It's Evolution Baby!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.