Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA -Build plans and documentation
killieaitken

posted on 9/3/12 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
IVA -Build plans and documentation

I recently bought a locost built kit car 95% complete built in line with the Jon Champion Book pretty much identical. Having read on here and on the direct.gov website it says that i need to supply build plans and official receipts of parts, i have contacted the seller and he does not have any of this documentation available.

What can i do about this? What is the minimum that i need to provide? anyway around this aka use some one else photos of the chassis etc?

loggyboy

posted on 9/3/12 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
Where have you read this? post a link if you can find it again.
killieaitken

posted on 9/3/12 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/RegisteringAVehicle/Registeringakitcarrebuildorradicallyalteredvehicle/DG_190929
Davegtst

posted on 9/3/12 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
I believe you need proof that you have built it as an amateur otherwise you will be treated as a manufacturer and will need to pass a stricter IVA test. IIRC you will also need to prove you are a manufacturer if you can't prove you are an amateur builder. I remember reading it ages ago in a kit car mag which is why i have been taking pictures all the way through my build and have every reciept to prove where the parts came from.
loggyboy

posted on 9/3/12 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
I dont think thats a 'must have' list, just an example. If not just take Rons book with you!
killieaitken

posted on 9/3/12 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
Yeh i was hoping that i would be able to take the book along, as i did contact the builder and he said it was built to the book so he suggested take the book!
snapper

posted on 9/3/12 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
The book is OK take that.
Reciepts from the original builder and from absolutely everything you buy from now on.
Photographs of the build and photos of you doing stuff on the car.
It's all about a body of evidence, the more you get together the less questions will be asked

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

killieaitken

posted on 9/3/12 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
I have the receipt from all the stuff i have bought for etc online? And just take lots of pictures? Cheers for the help
baz-R

posted on 18/3/12 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
simple if you get stuck take it all apart and take photos as you put it back together bit by bit

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.