Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: speedtriple to car?
lctr

posted on 11/10/13 at 04:47 AM Reply With Quote
speedtriple to car?

Hi!

I had try to search info about fitting speedtriple 1050 engine to car but can´t find anything.

Had anybody experience of this?

I have 2 engines and loom,clocks,ex.manifold etc. for project.

I am worried about oil system and next one is clutch.

What else?

Is there programmable ecu etc. for speedtriple?

What kind of hp/torque available easily without heavy modifications?

Thanks!

T66

posted on 11/10/13 at 05:38 AM Reply With Quote
Theres a guy on here, had MK build a chassis for a Fiat 500, it used a Triumph triple engine. Not sure if he is still active on LC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5O79PPjd-M

twybrow

posted on 11/10/13 at 06:30 AM Reply With Quote
I built a 955i (Daytona) into a Stuart Taylor. I am happy to help where I can. They are cracking engines as long as your gearing is suited... I really miss the noise!

I did nothing to the oil system apart from chopping the sump down a bit, and adding a breather to the crankcase. I plumbed in an oil pressure gauge to make sure that everything was ok. I only ever saw a problem when low on oil and hooning it around corners.... Plus at idle, those engines drop to almost no oil pressure!

My clutch was stock apart from uprated springs. Before the springs I had clutch slip. After them it was brilliant. The clutch behaved like a car clutch - very easy to moderate.

The ECU is reprogrammable using the Tuneboy software. It allows you full access to the ECU, including diagnostics, fuel/ignition mapping, rev limits, fan cut in temperature etc. Far more useful then a Power Commander, but harder to find someone who will take it on due to the unfamiliarity of the software (although the rolling road I used said it was far easier to use than most aftermarket ECU software is to tune).

iank

posted on 11/10/13 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by T66
Theres a guy on here, had MK build a chassis for a Fiat 500, it used a Triumph triple engine. Not sure if he is still active on LC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5O79PPjd-M

uklee70 plenty of pictures in his photo archive. Last I saw it was for sale on ebay.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

T66

posted on 11/10/13 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
well remembered Ian....

twybrow

posted on 11/10/13 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
But forgive me if I am wrong, but I don't think uklee70 did any of the work himself. It was all done by Martin Keenan AFAIK.
stevebubs

posted on 11/10/13 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
The original Triton/GTS Challenger had a triple. Wasn't exactly slow...

[Edited on 11/10/13 by stevebubs]

luke2152

posted on 11/10/13 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
Tune ecu software is available free for tuning triumph ecus and is fully programable. All you need is a volkwagon/audi diagnostic connector to plug into your laptop
old_timbo

posted on 11/10/13 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevebubs
The original Triton/GTS Challenger had a triple. Wasn't exactly slow...

[Edited on 11/10/13 by stevebubs]

Remember seeing it at Total Kit Live at Brands Hatch. Gearing was too low and it ran out of revs half way down the main straight. What diffs do bike engined cars use these days to prevent this?

twybrow

posted on 14/10/13 at 02:54 AM Reply With Quote
My live axle (3.54) was exactly 1000rpm/10mph, so it topped out at 110mph (standard rev limit, but the 1050 does rev higher and have slightly different gearing).

@luke2152 - the Tuneboy software is free, but the cable is not a standard cable you can buy off the shelf. The cable itself has a little box in it that contains some electronics to modify the signal. A standard cable will not work I can assure you.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.