Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sir Keir Starmer has criticised the government over its plans to give NHS staff a 1% pay rise
02GF74

posted on 5/3/21 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Sir Keir Starmer has criticised the government over its plans to give NHS staff a 1% pay rise

Fair enough for the criticism, and I see this type of stuff in our councillors leaflets, but the one thing I don't see is WHERE IS THE MONEY COMING FROM TO PAY?
loggyboy

posted on 6/3/21 at 02:07 AM Reply With Quote
Same place the torries are finding all these millions to pay their mates for unsuitable PPE (incorrectly) and billions (correctly) to fund the job retention schemes.

Mistral Motorsport

02GF74

posted on 6/3/21 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
You forgot to mention spending over £2 million on a new media briefing room at no. 10, including than £33,000 for broadband equipment. WTF?? I was not aware that you can buy gold plated Cat 5e cable.

But you are missing the point in what I seem to find that no matter what the party in power does, the main opposing party critises without any details of how they will address and fund the shortcomings.

Referring to my local council, the lib dems critise the conservatories, for example funding to fix pot holes cut, they will increase police numbers etc but they don't say where the money to fix potholes and pay for police staff will be found.

"Vote for the lib dens (insert your party of choice) and we will increase the number of nurses, doctors, build new hospitals, hedgehog shelters but you will pay twice the amount in taxes" somehow isn't the slogan to win an election.

BTW according to gov website, inflation rate was averaging at 0.6%.

JoelP

posted on 25/3/21 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
My only input on the matter will be to point out that the national debt is a sham. The qe money, bonds held by the bank of england that it bought with money out created out of thin air, is included in the national debt total. It simply isn't a debt. We owe it to ourselves (the UK state is the sole stakeholder in the Bank of England), and pay the interest to ourselves.

Really debt to gdp is about 60%. They've created nearly a trillion pounds, yet inflation is below target and falling. The entire basis for austerity was a lie. They wanted to cut services, the used the debt to justify it, and then cut taxes for their mates to maintain a deficit to justify the next round of cuts.

I just don't get how they got away with it for so long. Pliant media I guess.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.