Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: One for signwriters
locoboy

posted on 5/6/05 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
One for signwriters

I am going for an ally back pannel and ally sides but i dont what to leave them bare.

If i were to have them painted i would need to fir them and then transport the chassis to a paint shop.

Could i have some vinyl cut (same as decals etc) to the tight shape and then apply them to the flat ally pannels and then form them onto the chassis?

My only concern would be the vinyl tearing when it is stretched with the ally over the chassis rails.

Is it possible to have vinyl cut in these sizes, or is is prohibitively expensive?

Cheers

ATB
Locoboy

skint scotsman

posted on 5/6/05 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
I guess you are speaking about covering the back panel if so i would suggest that you shape the panel first then apply the vinyl.

vinyl isn't as hard wearing as paint but also costs less, not realy worth the hasel in my opinion.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chunkielad

posted on 5/6/05 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
You could use vehicle wrap but the price is similar to that of buying the paint and painting it yourself.

Vehicle wrap vinyl comes in pieces of about 1520mm wide and hence the whole lot could be done in one piece. You use heat to help it conform and trim to shape whilst it's on the vehicle.

I can get it for you at £15 per meter length (Plus £10 postage) and it comes in the following colours:

Clear , White, Black, Sunflower, Tomato Red, Ultramarine, Forest Green, Primrose, Dark Blue, Marina, Beige, Silver, Dark Green, Mid Green, Deep Red.

Pdf application guide so you know what you are letting yourself in for:

VWS Application guide

[Edited on 5/6/05 by chunkielad]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.