Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Why?
Peteff

posted on 2/8/05 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
Why?

is there a setting on toasters that chars bread beyond recognition. Just come in from the pub and discovered this.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Brooky

posted on 2/8/05 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
That is the setting that keeps office ladies supplied with firemen between 10 and 11 am
bob

posted on 2/8/05 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
ITs also the setting that awakes the houshold and next door at 5.00am when the smoke alarm goes off

marcyboy

posted on 3/8/05 at 06:07 AM Reply With Quote
one up... all up... eh
Mix

posted on 3/8/05 at 06:35 AM Reply With Quote
That will be the setting a hairs breadth away from the one that gently warms the bread without changing its colour

Mick

DarrenW

posted on 3/8/05 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
Its probably the setting that allows you to heat up oversized tea cakes etc on the top rack - some posh toasters have this extra attachment.

Why is it that the toast only burns beyond recognition when you are starving and down to your last two slices.

donut

posted on 3/8/05 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
So why is it that my toaster burns the crusts while the rest is still white

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
clbarclay

posted on 3/8/05 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Pikelets is the answer. They need a lot of cooking, unless you like your pikelets albino.

Having a toaster that goes too hot is better than one toaster I once had that on full blast failed even to lightly tinge the corners on a piece of bread.

Hellfire

posted on 4/8/05 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clbarclay
Pikelets is the answer. They need a lot of cooking, unless you like your pikelets albino.

You're talking about Crumpets aren't you

DorsetStrider

posted on 5/8/05 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Actually I know the answer to this question.

Someone I attend college with studied engineering and product design for 6 years. Graduated (with merit I beleive) and went out into the big wide world.

All his class mates found themselves jobs with BMW, Porche and Ferrarri..... the only people who would employ him (despite hundreds of interviews) were Morphy Richards.

So feeling somewhat disallusioned he designed the toaster to end all toasters..... it would have 6 settings..... 1 & 2 would create warm bread, 3 &4 turns the toast black, 5 carbonises the toast and finally setting 6.....

...this carbonises the toast, ignites the carbon, sets fire to kitchen and results in your misses disappearing with a fireman..... with YOUR dog!

true(ish) story

Who the f**K tightened this up!

JoelP

posted on 6/8/05 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
fullily enough, just as i read the first post, i smelt burning... and found my toast smoking merrily!

Jasper

posted on 6/8/05 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
Interesting reading - there's just be a piece on the radio about a Which report on toasters - apparently they really are all crap - even the expensive Dualit ones. The best one they tested was a cheap Comet own brand one.

They also said they had no idea why nobody could design a decent toaster!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.