Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Did man land on the moon
steve m

posted on 6/1/06 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Did man land on the moon

Discovery one, a programme about "Did man land on the moon?" on now 2100 friday eve 06jan 2005

I for one believe they did, any other thoughts ?
ie yes or no , no halfway answers here !

regards

steve

[Edited on 6/1/06 by steve m]

Messenjah

posted on 6/1/06 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
i think they probably did but that the moonlanding video was filmed in a studio

there are several clues that it wasnt real but i wont go into them im sure uve all heard it before lol

graememk

posted on 6/1/06 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
yes but by good luck not judgment

iceman26

posted on 6/1/06 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
no they did not
JoelP

posted on 6/1/06 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
oh yes they did.

(i was there)

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

steve m

posted on 6/1/06 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
"no they did not"
posted by iceman,

out of curisoty how old are you
as my son, 27 year old refuses to believe that the Americans have ever, let alone in 1969 landed on the moon,
and it seems that the younger generation do not believe

I as a 9 yr old in 1969 remember the apollo missions to the moon and I believe it !!!

but I could be wrong,

smart51

posted on 6/1/06 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
I believe that they wanted to go to the moon and I believe that they tried their best.

I do not trust their government and I believe that they would have faked it rather than admit defeat, even to the point of fooling NASA by relaying data to Earth by satelite, simulating the lander.

The Americans tried to make a Concorde beater and failed. They tried to make a Harrier and failed. Could they really make a moon lander?

People say that they didn't have the technology in the 60s and so couldn't have. I'm not so sure. we're a bit lazy with all the technology we have. we could achieve a lot more if we tried as hard as people did pre-computers.

Did they get to the moon? Maybe?

[Edited on 6-1-2006 by smart51]

Jim Young

posted on 6/1/06 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
I think they did, but I'm sure there's a lot we'll never know i.e. how many photos were faked for PR purposes in the cold war etc. Would have loved to have been involved in the space program though!

Jim

Edited to say I agree with the above comment that it was probably more luck than anything else. The Americans had real problems right up to the launch of the Apollo 11. Technically the Russians were far superior (and they were right into the 1970's!!!).

[Edited on 6/1/06 by Jim Young]

Triton

posted on 6/1/06 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
No way....but as for little blokes in funny space ships

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Genesis

posted on 6/1/06 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Will it make a difference.... errrmmm

NO!

Going fishin'

Ian Pearson

posted on 6/1/06 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
The earth is flat, and the moon is a hologram.
steve_gus

posted on 6/1/06 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
i dont beleive that people could actually think it was faked.

Like, after 36 years, no one from the program has come forward, sold their story and said, yup, it was all a put on.

Just cos you were not alive to see it on tv and experience it at the time doesnt mean that it didnt happen.

Many of you think that a man walked on the earth 2000 years ago, and claimed to be the son of god (im not expressing a belief either way here) and have based your life on this cos it says in ancient scriptures that he did, but something that happend 6 times in the 70's, was highly documented and had 1000s of people in on the act, can be doubted.

daft

atb

steve

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
graememk

posted on 6/1/06 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
if it was fake i think the russians would of found out by now

steve m

posted on 6/1/06 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
James

BEHAVE

mate

steve

Messenjah

posted on 6/1/06 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
james i beleive the correct reply is sorry mum
steve m

posted on 6/1/06 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
Perhaps we could build a Locost space ship with a Cosworth YB engine in it? Or would it be too heavy?

Hicost will supply computor and motive power

JB (grandad) will supply metal, big garage
and lighter /fags for departure method

Bob + Daz
will supply a tow bar, tea biscuits, sandwiches

I will provide heated seats, with carpeted floor and pretty instrumentation

any one else like to offer some form of help
money donations preferred !!

Alan_Thomas

posted on 6/1/06 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
Oh they definitely did, Kennedy was inspired by a much earlier Haynes book -

"Build your own space rocket for 5 Trillion Dollars and fly it"

I'm sure the Author was a young guy called Champion and you made it out of a donor V2

- Alan

bob

posted on 6/1/06 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
Steve have you been drinking again

The only bit i dont believe is that stevem is only 1 year older than me

Fozzie

posted on 6/1/06 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
"no they did not"
posted by iceman,

out of curisoty how old are you
as my son, 27 year old refuses to believe that the Americans have ever, let alone in 1969 landed on the moon,
and it seems that the younger generation do not believe

I as a 9 yr old in 1969 remember the apollo missions to the moon and I believe it !!!

but I could be wrong,

No they did not! I too remember all the propaganda when I was young (I am 6 years older than you Steve). We were young and impressionable, and believed what our elders/teachers/parents told us.
However, now I am older and far more of a cynic (?), I doubt it ever happend. I have seen far more reasons for it not to have happend, then reasons for it to have actually been true!
Anyway after telling Hicost, they came and told me too! perhaps you were out when they called?....
So its a definate no from me!

All in my most humble opinion of course!

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

Peteff

posted on 6/1/06 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
See this for a laugh

Outtake video

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Triton

posted on 6/1/06 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
They are out there....

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

Simon

posted on 6/1/06 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by graememk
if it was fake i think the russians would of found out by now

At the time, America was actually feeding the Soviet Union as they'd had massive crop failures, so it was worth their while to keep quiet.

ATB

Simon

Chippy

posted on 7/1/06 at 12:06 AM Reply With Quote
They had a program on Discovery some time ago that looked at the pro's and con's, of this subject. All of the items that were brought up regarding the filming, were looked at in depth, and in the end it was stated catagoricaly that the pictures were genuine. So for my money yes they did. As for little green/grey men, I definately know they are about, I've seen em! mind you I was well p*£$%d at the time.
heinlein

posted on 7/1/06 at 01:06 AM Reply With Quote
Many reasons to doubt

I was ten and very interested in the "moon landing"; but I find the evidence against compelling.

When you're lying in the midst of the Afghan plains and the women come out to cut up the remains; just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains and go to your god like a soldier.

Liam

posted on 7/1/06 at 01:34 AM Reply With Quote
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not the moon hoax! Not here!...

This tired but reasonably popular, and ultimately amusing conspiracy theory is based on (like most of them) appalling photographic and video analysis, laughable pseudo-science waffle, and reams of self indulgent (on the part of leading proponents) conspiratorial yarn-spinning. Like most conspiracy theories there is no real supporting original evidence, just misinterpretation and refuting of select pieces of media relating to the real event.

All of the so called evidence supporting the hoax, including what is periodically spewed afresh in re-runs of old and massively flawed one-sided 'documentaries', is easily debunked and already flogged to death.

Bad Astronomy is a good sight generally if you're into that sort of think, and their section on the Moon Hoax is one of the most thorough.

Another couple of links here and here.

I find it genuinely soothing to read stuff like this written by intelligent and rational people who really seek and respect the truth. The conspiracy claims, on the other hand are at least far more amusing. For example...

"To look at the design of the lunar module and think that it actually entered a lunar orbit and docked with the command module is absolutely ludicrous!" Hmmm - I think he's onto something there. What incredible intuition!

"The modern Space Shuttle can go no further than 400 miles above the Earth's surface. To think that man travelled 240,000 miles to the moon with 1960's technology is laughable!" Ummmm - i believe the space shuttle isn't designed to go any further than 400 miles (low earth orbit).

The power of all these bs conspiracy theories is that it's so easy to present seemingly startling 'evidence' in easily digestible bullet point form, with no detailed explanation and have it lapped up by gullible people. Even more so if it is sugar coated in anti-government spin - it's an unfortunate, but undeniable fact that certain government behaviour of recent decades has made anything anti-government (US in particular) rather fashionable, especially among us youngsters. Introduce some pseudo-science technobabble and even intelligent (though inexperienced in the relevant fields) people will see credibility in the arguments. Finally, the "anyone with a basic understanding of science can see that!" line is another technique practically every conspiracy theorist uses just to try and make you feel stupid if any alarm bells of doubt were ringing.

Any attempt to show the flaws in such 'evidence', on the other hand, requires detailed explanation and a decent appreciation of the principles involved in the relevant fields - physics, photography etc etc. Most people simply aren't interested in reading this, much less doing any research of their own, as they rather enjoyed the documentary they just watched and now want to watch Eastenders.

A couple of the strongest points against the hoax theories (and ones that are always conveniently ignored rather than refuted by the theorists) that dont require any deep analysis...

No celebrity today can hide an affair for more than a few weeks. No film/software studio can stop details of works in production leaking out. Hundreds of thousands of people worked on the space program. Is it in the slightest bit feasible that the silence of all these people (who live in a democratic country that actively enforces freedeom of speech) could have been bought/demanded, and that this silence has stood up so steadfastly for over 35 years? Yeah right!

Whatever other good came out of it, America's space program was principly in place to beat the Soviets to the moon. Also, it is irrefutable (and not refuted by the hoax theories) that the Apollo astronauts went up in a Saturn V and came down in the command module. That they would have gotten away with lapping the earth for several days instead of going to the moon, under the gaze of every Soviet satellite capable of watching them is simply laughable. If there was any way the Soviets could have blown the lid on the hoax they would have done. In actual fact, the Soviets (as well as countless amateur radio operators from every developped country) tracked them all the way to the moon, and even congratulated them on a job well done.

Anyway, sorry for the ranting, but as somebody interested in real science, crap like this and it's chief proponents actually offend me. But not to worry, because Smart-1 ought to soon be in it's final science orbit and start snapping away at the moon's surface. Shouldn't be too long before we get some nice colour piccies of the landing sites of all the apollos and the various soviet unmanned probes . Of course the hoax believers have already dismissed days of video footage, tens of thousands of photographs, and hundreds of kilograms of moon rock, so some new photos aren't likely to change anything! And lets face it, ESA is probably in on the hoax too . Maybe some will move on to the face/city/big worms on Mars, or good old Planet X, but this one will never die!

The truth is out there. Wooo-ooh-ooh-ooh (unfortunately it takes some searching for - it's much easier to be spoon-fed bull**it).

Liam

[Edited on 7/1/06 by Liam]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.