Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: underlay
mkblade

posted on 28/6/07 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
underlay

does anyone have any spare underlay or point me in the direction of some chep stuff.
ive been quoted 32 pound for two meters enough to do the floor on my mk i thought that was a bit steep (grey sort of fleck self adhesive backing)

thanks
simon

Chazzy

posted on 28/6/07 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
hang arouond your local carpet shop, they often have to take offcuts away with them, after doing a carpet and then have to pay to dispose of trade waste so you'd be helping them out.

All depends on the size of the off cuts i suppose. they prob have roll ends too!

On a practical note, would underlay just act as a big sponge and take longer to dry out WHEN it rains?

chas

DarrenW

posted on 28/6/07 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
I assume its for Indy???

Id seriously consider bare ali floor. Ive used chequer plate floor, very pleased i did - no worries in all weather.

Avoneer

posted on 28/6/07 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Agreed - sponge.

Just use carpet that you can remove quick - rubber mat even better.

Nothing going in my bitsablade.

Pat...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Davey D

posted on 29/6/07 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
Once youve stuck in the underlay its a messy job to get it all out if you get caught out in a rain shower, and soaked the interior
Peteff

posted on 30/6/07 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
I have a piece of ribbed doormat where my heels go to provide a bit of grip as my feet sometimes jumped when I went over bumps, the rest is painted. Having bailed out after a rainy session I think carpet is a luxury I can do without.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.