Board logo

Its gone
j30fos - 15/6/04 at 04:22 PM

Well lads and OX :-) its gone. The cheques cleared and funds are in my account. Its been great being one of you lot and will miss the social side of things. I've had great fun In the R1 Indy.

The new buyer is coming for it tomorrow and that will be it, back to my diesel

He is on this forum so will probably introduce himself as a proud owner of an R1 INDY. It will look different though, as he wants the normal lights on.

Its not all bad though, im going to get my saab convertible ( to please the family ) and then Im going to build another one later in the year. So I'll be back

alister667 - 15/6/04 at 04:27 PM

Ach, sorry to see you leave John, even if it's only temporarily.
Out of interest what are you thinking of building next time?

Mk-Ninja - 15/6/04 at 04:28 PM

I bet it wont be long before your building another. If you want to come on Sunday give me a shout and you can meet us as arranged and Ill take you

Gordon

Mk-Ninja - 15/6/04 at 04:35 PM

John
Nearly forgot, did you tell the guy which wheel tends to fall off

JoelP - 15/6/04 at 04:39 PM

and dont forget to swap the chassis numbers back over...

j30fos - 15/6/04 at 05:09 PM

Easy!!!!:-), I've been totaly honest with the guy, and told him why these things happened and why they wont hapen again. Building a car is a big learning curve.

What to build next, uuuummmm maybe another R1 Indy. Ive had so much fun driving it, it might me another R1 BEC maybe a FI version. Or even look out for a part build. Next time though I wont go as mad on the money side, I could have built this car a lot cheaper but you live and learn.

Gorden thanks for the offer, I need to talk to the missus. Will let you know.

OX - 15/6/04 at 05:13 PM

does the saab come with slippers and a cardigan

j30fos - 15/6/04 at 05:30 PM

Who rattled your cage FATTY. I brought the cardy online.

The saab is the only 4 seater convertible in my price bracket that I like, Im going to get a y-plater with the aero wheels. No where near as fast but hey no bugs in the teeth, and I wont get my hair messed up :-). Im going to have to get a sound clip of the R1 INDY on CD to play in the car :-)

JoelP - 15/6/04 at 07:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by j30fos
but hey no bugs in the teeth

i had that the other day in a kart, whilst laughing my way round a lap... soon took the smile off my face.

Jasalarms - 15/6/04 at 10:51 PM

Wot's going on???

Got the big..... go on order one, you know it makes sense!!

THEN.....

Every bugger sells up!!!

Something you guys not telling me?

P.S. got clocked by Mr Plod today with a laser gun........ 103mph in my trusty berlingo rocket....... DOH!

He reckons... 14 day ban, 6 points, £300 fine......MEGA DOH!!!

Think i might sell now only halfway through!

GUTTED!

j30fos - 17/6/04 at 02:28 PM

HOW MUCH!!! Only joking, bad luck Jas.

The car left Bolton today at 3pm, I followed it on the road, it did look bloody nice. I hope the new owner has as much fun as I had.

MK7 - 17/6/04 at 02:53 PM

You'll have to get cracking on the next one now John.

Weather permitting I'll be going to Newark and you're also welcome to ride with me (I'm a bit closer than Gordon)...