Board logo

Dzus Holes
mistergrumpy - 17/4/08 at 05:39 PM

My sausage filter has come with Dzus type release fitting on it which I wouldn't mind keeping but what about the holes? Is there some kind of clip or summat to fit them as it looks to be a hole with 2 little prongs in which I don't fancy trying to cut and file myself. Or am I better just using a nut and bolt? What ya think?

ChrisGamlin - 17/4/08 at 05:48 PM

Dzus fasteners are two part items, you need the spring to rivet to the backplate to allow you to fasten the filter to the backplate.

Edited to add, some have a spring steel clip like these, rather than a spring. I think this is what my ITG filter uses

[Edited on 17/4/08 by ChrisGamlin]

theconrodkid - 17/4/08 at 05:49 PM

there is a curly spring that needs riveting to the back plate,raldes etc do the springs

mistergrumpy - 17/4/08 at 05:54 PM

Yep that bottom one looks more like it. Cheers Chris. Any ideas where to get them or what they're called?

R1 STRIKER - 17/4/08 at 05:57 PM

Think most of the different types are shown in demon tweeks catalogue. Can get all the parts seperatley.

Ben

Guinness - 17/4/08 at 06:17 PM

Raldes sell them, as do Demon Tweeks, but watch out for horrendous postage charges if you buy them over the internetty.

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/index.php?cPath=74_1442_1443

Mike

mistergrumpy - 17/4/08 at 08:04 PM

Cheers. I'll add it to the Stoneleigh list

bjw970s - 19/4/08 at 10:57 AM

A lot of bike suppliers on the INTERNET and Fleabay sell them complete at reasonable cost (and postage) - I understand they are used on fairings so fairly common on the bike side of things.