Board logo

Brake and fuel line p-clip distances
HappyFather - 30/10/10 at 06:45 PM

Hello,

Today I was marking the places to drill for the brake and fuel line p-clips. Two questions arose:

1) Brake pipes - Are the 100mm for IVA approximate or it has to be exact or less? Some places I left 120mm/130mm distance between markings, namely on the central tunnel. Will it be a problem?
2) Fuel pipe - Is it also 100mm between p-clips or, as it is a stronger pipe, the distance can be longer? And, if so, how longer?

Thank you for your answers!
HappyFather

davrus - 30/10/10 at 07:05 PM

100mm?

Thats worrieing, where did you read that????????

daviep - 30/10/10 at 07:06 PM

There is no fixed distance for securing brake lines, manual states mus be fixed "adequately" or words to that effect.

AndyW - 30/10/10 at 07:11 PM

I was told 300mm for brake lines and fuel lines could be cable tied to them as long as they are secure.......please comment if Im wrong.........

davrus - 30/10/10 at 07:16 PM

Idont think there is any set dostance for brake and fuel lines as long as they are safe and secure how ever to play on the safe side i have kept to 300mm between everything i.e fuel, brake and wire fixings!!!

Mark Allanson - 30/10/10 at 07:33 PM

Terry (God bless him) at my SVA said if the brake/fuel line quivered if he flicked it, he would fail it, copper fatigues quite easily and any movement will cause this.

adithorp - 30/10/10 at 09:55 PM

SVA manual didn't specify a distance for clipping brake lines but said 300mm max for wiring. Most people applied this to brake lines as well. Don't know if IVA manual has changed that but haven't heard about it.

Where have you seen 100mm?

adrian

HappyFather - 31/10/10 at 12:12 AM

Ups, maybe I'm mixing stuff in my head. Sorry for causing panic...

Probably I'm confusing the recommended 100mm between rivets on the ally panels with the distance for brake pipes.

But looking at the old threads I had subscribed, I see many stating 300mm between p-clips and one (http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=88629 --> Last post) stating 150mm/6''

I'm just worried that I may go rivet stuff at incorrect distances.

Sorry for causing so much worry. Probably should have worded my question in a different way...

HappyFather