Board logo

ebay sva kits
Toady1 - 23/6/06 at 07:39 PM

are the kits on ebay for covering the nuts etc worth buying or can you buy cheaper stuff from your local diy/motor factors etc?

richard thomas - 23/6/06 at 08:28 PM

Put it this way, i failed sva yesterday because i had covered my track control arms with foam. the tester said he would not pass it because that's not what a major manufacturer would use and advised using the type you see on ebay because he is allowed to pass those. i had also covered the top balljoint and he said i didn't need to because the sphere didn't touch it.

cheers, rich.

Chippy - 23/6/06 at 09:31 PM

Best covers for TCA/Track rod ends. Go to your local electrical suppliers and get two 22mm cones that go over Pyro connectors, cut end of cone to be a tight fit on the rod, and slide over the T/R ball joints, job done. Chippy

By the way, cheap as chips!!!

[Edited on 23-6-06 by Chippy]

[Edited on 23-6-06 by Chippy]

rusty nuts - 24/6/06 at 06:44 AM

Agree with Chippy but I filled mine with silicon after sliding into place to give them a bit of "body" just in case . Not sure tester even felt them though

tom_loughlin - 24/6/06 at 08:39 AM

I just used convuluted tubing on mine, cable tied in place. Done neatly, it doesntlook bad at all.
I usedthis method for the top ball joints as well as the steering rack extensions.

And to cover the coilovers, I used the old gaitors off the sierra steering rack, again, cable tied down.

Saved paying for something off ebay that you'll probably never use again.

All the best

Tom

[Edited on 24/6/06 by tom_loughlin]

Toady1 - 24/6/06 at 08:46 AM

cheers guys, in that case ill get myself a set as its only a 10'er!

BKLOCO - 24/6/06 at 08:47 AM

I used self amalgamating tape on track rods etc. SVA guy said it was fine.

speedthing - 24/6/06 at 09:31 AM

Toad don't buy the sva kit yet as i've been sorting stuff out in the garage and i have some ball joint and nut covers that are going with the indy infact anything i find will be going with the kit

[Edited on 24/6/06 by speedthing

[Edited on 24/6/06 by speedthing]

Toady1 - 24/6/06 at 09:36 AM

cool thanks matey!