Board logo

DVLA inspection
Dillinger1977 - 20/6/07 at 07:23 PM

what is expected of the DVLA inspection? (serious answers please! )

ive got receipts for most things, and the V5 of my donor vehicle.

do I need proof of specifications of fuel/brake pipes?

i've also got one chassis number stamped on the upper plate of the firewall. I've a feeling I need 2, is this correct?

anything else i've missed (apart from the patience of a saint, by the sounds of it!)

davrus - 20/6/07 at 07:32 PM

All they checked on mine were the chassis number which i only have one, the engine number, colour and that was about it , i didnt even have any receipts to show , took it for inspection and walked away an hour later with a tax disc and a document to get my plates made.
Hope that helps

Dave

zxrlocost - 20/6/07 at 08:00 PM

thats all they did on mine too

wicket - 20/6/07 at 08:11 PM

Same here, engine and chassis number check only. She spent more time talking about the build, how long had it taken, what make/model vehicles the parts come from etc. Took all of 15 min total. The receipts for the major build up items had been presented with the other DVLA forms before the inspection and before SVA

flak monkey - 20/6/07 at 08:28 PM

Take some ID with you as well

Unless you want an age related plate you dont need anything other than the car and the MAC. Otherwise you need all your receipts etc as well.

worX - 21/6/07 at 05:04 AM

I needed two lots of chassis stamp, so either do another or take the stamps with you - it seems different at all stations so why take the risk?

Steve

Dillinger1977 - 21/6/07 at 07:31 AM

thanks all, I think I will get another one stamped this weekend just to be on the safe side
cheers!