Board logo

Type 9 gearbox
grahamgg - 18/10/09 at 06:29 PM

Wanted type 9 gearbox

Preferably with Bell Housing , clutch arm and gearstick.

willing to travel a bit or I could arrange a courier

Regards Graham

coozer - 18/10/09 at 06:36 PM

What your building now Graham?

grahamgg - 18/10/09 at 07:00 PM

Steve I have zero kit on order, and i have a sierra with a rover V8 init, sitting on my drive., What a blast I had driving it home

I wont be using the V8 and gearbox, will probably go zetec.

lewis - 18/10/09 at 07:21 PM

is the zero not a backward step from a indy ? im no expert but have been doing research on both and the indy wins hands down

grahamgg - 18/10/09 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lewis
is the zero not a backward step from a indy ? im no expert but have been doing research on both and the indy wins hands down

My Friend has just completed and IVA;d a zero, and I am very impressed.
It will do everything that I need it for.

I like the proportions of the zero,And they come with windscreen and hood. yes I know the mk now comes with hood and screen but it doesn,t look right (imho) looks too pram like.

Value for money comes into it as well, I think I have getting a good deal from GBS. I have just gone for the base kit minus some items but added others, to my requirements.

What research have you done, the Zero is a fairly new kit and doesn't resemble any former robin hood kit . so would be unfair to compare the two. Not unless you have owned both.
I will be soon so i will let you know how it goes.

Graham

tasmin289 - 18/10/09 at 08:41 PM

Hi Graham; I've got a type 9 from a V6 if any use. I live in Darlington.

Paul.S

grahamgg - 18/10/09 at 08:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tasmin289
Hi Graham; I've got a type 9 from a V6 if any use. I live in Darlington.

Paul.S

Is that the one with the longer shaft, if its got the bell housing and gearstick I will take it,

Regards Graham

You have U2U

[Edited on 18/10/09 by grahamgg]

lewis - 19/10/09 at 01:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by grahamgg
quote:
Originally posted by lewis

My Friend has just completed and IVA;d a zero, and I am very impressed.
It will do everything that I need it for.

I like the proportions of the zero,And they come with windscreen and hood. yes I know the mk now comes with hood and screen but it doesn,t look right (imho) looks too pram like.

Value for money comes into it as well, I think I have getting a good deal from GBS. I have just gone for the base kit minus some items but added others, to my requirements.

What research have you done, the Zero is a fairly new kit and doesn't resemble any former robin hood kit . so would be unfair to compare the two. Not unless you have owned both.
I will be soon so i will let you know how it goes.

Graham

these were the 2 i have short listed that fit my needs but after asking questions on forums i was told mk was the better choice, i too loke the package that gbs offer on the zero but have been hanging around rohcar.org and have heard things about the quality of the parts and how challenging they are to put together, this is all not from experience so dont know myself and look forward to watching your build unfold as im still undecided

ritchunt - 19/10/09 at 07:55 PM

if you still havent got a box mate gosforth metals had a old sierra with the engine and box still in a few weeks ago give them a buzz