Board logo

Xbox Elite, Expensive doorstop?
Big Ali D - 14/6/09 at 10:40 AM

I have just bought a Elite with a faulty dvd drive, It will play movies and cd's but if you put a game in it says ""TO PLAY THIS DISK PUT IT IN A XBOX 360 CONSOLE".
I have been told i need to re-flash the drive. Has anyone done this or knows a good website with instructions for idiots?

chris_smith - 14/6/09 at 10:47 AM

should have got a PS3

Big Ali D - 14/6/09 at 10:49 AM

Could'nt get a PS3 for £30

Ferg - 14/6/09 at 10:58 AM

My Xbox geek son tells me it's not easy, but recommends
www.gcmods.co.uk
HTH

Dangle_kt - 14/6/09 at 10:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Big Ali D
Could'nt get a PS3 for £30

that might be the reason it was £30

I'd just invest an hour on google, you'll find a relevant forum or similar with a search function you can rummage through.

paul the 6th - 14/6/09 at 11:46 AM

try some of these

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=xbox+mods&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=

seems to be a well tread path so have a good read up and I'm sure you'll find the answer

Ninehigh - 15/6/09 at 11:04 PM

Sorry you've got an Xbox that's telling you to put an Xbox game in an Xbox?

No matter how broken it is that's retarded and Mr Gates should be told. Go to www.saynoto0870.co.uk (or it might be .com) and look up microsoft. I know it's there somewhere

MikeRJ - 16/6/09 at 07:55 AM

Sounds like someone's been attempting to "softmod" it to play copies, and it's gone horribly wrong.

trogdor - 18/6/09 at 09:37 AM

it sounds like the hard drive needs rebuilding, or your eprom needs fixing.

You can do all this on the original xbox, I have mine running linux. I know nothing about the xbox 360 but i would of thought there is someone who can help in a forum somewhere.

There was a cd that you could use in your xbox to rebuild your harddrive for you. hopefully something similar exists for the elite

Ninehigh - 24/6/09 at 02:29 PM

Iirc the only difference between the normal one and the elite is the black case and hard drive size