Board logo

Rally style mud flaps
Dangle_kt - 15/11/09 at 08:04 PM

Does anyone run long mud flaps off the back of the frtont cycle wings? My rear arches are minging after my first outing today.

The type that just sweep the ground would be good but I'm not sure what's sort of drag it causes and if he cycle wings would last.

Any thoughts?

iscmatt - 15/11/09 at 08:07 PM

Yes, i have seen them on sevens before, dont think they effect the cycle wings, i nearly fitted some to mine but decided i didn't like the look so i sold them on eBay

[Edited on 15/11/09 by iscmatt]

Humbug - 15/11/09 at 08:47 PM

I've got them - plastic from Halfords. I cut them to size so there is a couple of inches ground clearance, and they really help keep the sh!te off the rear wings (and your face if you go through a puddle on tight lock!)

mangogrooveworkshop - 15/11/09 at 09:11 PM

I run them and they keep the stones and horse sh*t off of you.
I think its the best mod Ive probably made.

It doesnt look out of place as some of the originals had them hanging behind the wheels with the clam shells

afj - 15/11/09 at 10:03 PM

like this Rescued attachment done 11809 008.jpg
Rescued attachment done 11809 008.jpg

speedyxjs - 16/11/09 at 07:12 AM

I think they are a good idea, especially in the wet.

MikeR - 16/11/09 at 07:29 AM

Only issue is if you're reversing - go up something large (obviously in a CEC those weedy bec's can't reverse up a twig) you risk trapping the mudflap against the wheel and breaking something.

Dangle_kt - 16/11/09 at 10:47 AM

Thanks all, afj, what material are they, some form of rubber?

Bluemoon - 16/11/09 at 11:09 AM

I think some have used "rubber car mat" cut up, This is what I'm going to try as I have some...

Dan

RK - 16/11/09 at 01:10 PM

I don't see why you can't use one of those snow sliders (sheets of thick plastic) that are very cheap here in Canada, and cut it up to suit. They come in different colours too. Just a suggestion for those who can get those, knowing your weather is somewhat different.