Board logo

boot liner
barrie sharp - 5/5/04 at 12:19 PM

Any one know where to buy a boot liner for a book locost or know how to go about making one
tfyt barrie

Wadders - 5/5/04 at 12:24 PM

I think MK do one for the indy, but i dunno if it would fit yours, Snoopy might measure one for you if you ask nicely

Al.

]Originally posted by barrie sharp
Any one know where to buy a boot liner for a book locost or know how to go about making one
tfyt barrie

[Edited on 5/5/04 by Wadders]

Hugh Paterson - 5/5/04 at 12:50 PM

Make a male plug in MDF, router the edges to get a good radius, spray with a good quality filler primer to seal the surface, a couple of coats of gloss when your happy with the surface leave for a week. On completion apply 5-6 coats of release wax, 1 coat gelcoat resin, allow to get tacky, 2-3 laminates of CSM applying resin between coats. Consolidate with a paddle roller, to squeeze out all the air bubbles between layers, let it cure and pop it off 24 hours later. It would help if you built the plug with a shallow angle on the vertical sides tapering to the bottom to allow ease of realease from the plug. Presto one boot liner.
Shug.

barrie sharp - 5/5/04 at 03:52 PM

Cheers shug i think i might re-think this one and just ask where can i buy one
(good discription though)
Got any sizes or prices snoopy thanks
tfyt Barrie

TPG - 5/5/04 at 04:33 PM

BOOTLINER/LOAD TRAY.Just another option to look at.I've used 1" weld mesh turned up at the edges and welded.It's fitted to the 19mm box either side of the boot.Everything goes into plastic bags anyway and is bungy straped in.Tent roll will go on the underside of the tray... Rescued attachment boot3001.jpg
Rescued attachment boot3001.jpg

Hugh Paterson - 5/5/04 at 05:47 PM

Barrie, pity your so far South or I would do it for you
Shug.

barrie sharp - 6/5/04 at 07:52 AM

Cheers for the offer shug !

i have never had the urge to get too involved in fibreglassing.
tfyt Barrie