Board logo

Gear indicator
Yazza54 - 23/5/11 at 08:23 AM

Is it possible to wire a digital gear indicator to work on my nc30? All the ones I've seen say to be used on bikes with electronic speedos and ecus but surely there's a way to wire the gear indicator to a coil or something? Afterall there's plenty of carbed BECs with gear indicators or full dash with the indicator built in.

Just wondering if it can be done as I find it useful on my fury so would be good to have it on the bike too. Fury is injected with digidash though.

matt_gsxr - 23/5/11 at 10:25 AM

I am not familiar with the NC30, but on the gsxr1100 you can make a series of contacts for the end of the gear shift shaft and wire that up witha few diodes to a 7-segment LED display.

Not very difficult (well I managed it easily enough).

It might be possible to buy something with the appropriate contacts like this.
http://home.comcast.net/~gsf1299/BanditGear/

It might be easier to train your brain to keep count.

Matt

Miks15 - 23/5/11 at 01:09 PM

the acumen dg8 should work. When installing mine (ive got injected with ecu and digi clocks) i read that it could be done with a cable speedo. You need to buy the speedo upgrade kit with it i think. And i believe the tacho wire is wrapped round one of the coils. My DG8 works nicely and its a nice bit of kit. Well i actually have the DGV which has a built in voltmeter aswell.