Board logo

Quick CBS Wiring Module Query
TimC - 2/1/13 at 09:42 PM

Would I be right in thinking that Number 5 on the diagram below (main alternator connection) is connected within the module to Number 6 on the diagram (battery via starter).

Many thanks,

TC

umgrybab - 2/1/13 at 09:50 PM

I think it is IIRC. I can have a check on mine with a multimeter tomorrow if you'd like.

TimC - 2/1/13 at 09:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by umgrybab
I think it is IIRC. I can have a check on mine with a multimeter tomorrow if you'd like.

That would be fab if you don't mind.

Cheers.

omega 24 v6 - 2/1/13 at 10:40 PM

Haven't used or seen one BUT logically it should be.

eddie99 - 2/1/13 at 10:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
Haven't used or seen one BUT logically it should be.

+1

umgrybab - 5/1/13 at 10:00 AM

Millimeter agrees. These two are directly connected, somewhere in there...

Rich J - 3/2/13 at 04:35 PM

Hijacking this thread somewhat- I have the earlier version of the module on a Striker I'm rebuilding and 5 and 6 are also conected. The problem I have is that the battery runs flat as no. 6 is permanently live and conected to number 2 here:

here

The question is - is it safe to conect it to a switched live terminal somewhere else on the module??
The alternator is 40A so should the wire be rated to carry this?

Thanks in advance
Rich

umgrybab - 23/2/13 at 05:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rich J
Hijacking this thread somewhat- I have the earlier version of the module on a Striker I'm rebuilding and 5 and 6 are also conected. The problem I have is that the battery runs flat as no. 6 is permanently live and conected to number 2 here:

here

The question is - is it safe to conect it to a switched live terminal somewhere else on the module??
The alternator is 40A so should the wire be rated to carry this?

Thanks in advance
Rich

Hey Rich, did you get an answer to this? I did not check back up on this thread since I last posted. I had the exact same issue you are having a few months ago and wondering if you still need help.