Board logo

Has anyone bought anything from this ebay seller
givemethebighammer - 11/12/05 at 10:55 PM

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZmaxandria1QQhtZ-1

He often sells vernier pulleys for zetec (and others) engines. Just wondered what the quality was like.

ned - 11/12/05 at 11:56 PM

used to trade under a different userid (curly987 i think?!) but now someone sells the bits for him. mark baines race engineering in northampton if memory serves correctly.

i've got a set of his verniers and light flywheel for my vauxhall.

hth,

Ned.

APR - 12/12/05 at 09:22 AM

yes zetec verniers good service!!

givemethebighammer - 12/12/05 at 04:01 PM

thanks, looks like I'll order a set then

ned - 12/12/05 at 10:46 PM

found an old email..

he's on 01480 406886 or was this time last year

Ned.

Viper - 12/12/05 at 10:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ned
used to trade under a different userid (curly987 i think?!) but now someone sells the bits for him. mark baines race engineering in northampton if memory serves correctly.

i've got a set of his verniers and light flywheel for my vauxhall.

hth,

Ned.

says he is from newmarket now....

givemethebighammer - 7/1/06 at 07:28 PM

verniers arrived today, they look good. Here is the info for anyone else who wants it.

Mark Baines

Tel: 01480 406886
Fax: 01480 476288
Email: sales@turbosport.net
Address:

Turbosport
39 Rookery Road
Wyboston
Bedfordshire
MK44 3AX
ENGLAND

http://turbosport.net/

rusty nuts - 7/1/06 at 08:03 PM

Are these the ones you need the dowels for?

wilkingj - 7/1/06 at 09:55 PM

Newmarket is 01638, Huntingdon (and surrounding area) is 01480.

ned - 7/1/06 at 11:21 PM

Mark who makes them is bedord way, the guy who sells them on ebay on his behalf is newmarket way as i understand it from when i last spoke to him.

I have a set of his verniers and steel h-section rods...

Ned.

tractorboy - 9/1/06 at 07:12 PM

i have just brought a vernier pulley for my pintoed avon from him . i think he said he was in st .ives now .good service no problems. scott

tractorboy - 9/1/06 at 07:13 PM

thats st .ives cambridgeshire not cornwall by the way . scott

Craig81 - 9/1/06 at 07:18 PM

hello scott, long time no see!!!

hope your not wasting valuable company time sitting at a computer!!!

craig

tractorboy - 3/4/06 at 10:18 PM

just a note to watch out for . i havent spoken to the guy yet but after a couple of hours in the garage trying to get the beast to spring into action with no success, it appears that the pulley i have been sent is 180 degrees out . on my standard ford pulley the keyway and the timing pointer are on the same side of the pulley . on the one i have been sent they are opposite. i am going to phone the bloke in the morning to see what he says. could somebody double check that the keyway and pointer are on the same side please and if you have brought one please check yours. cheers scott

bob - 4/4/06 at 07:51 AM

Scott are you sure your BTDC as it is possible to be one revolution out, although i may have the completely wrong end of the stick

flak monkey - 4/4/06 at 08:19 AM

Scott, the standard pulley has the key and pointer on the same side.

Looking at the picture on ebay it looks like those pulleys are the opposite...

I bought one the other day, just waiting for it to arrive. Didnt see this thread before that though. Intereting to see what the guy has to say.

Cheers,
David

givemethebighammer - 4/4/06 at 08:26 AM

My zetec ones were fine (but then I guess they aren't keyed). Good quality and very reasonable price. Been on the car about a month now.

tractorboy - 4/4/06 at 10:07 AM

phoned the guy this morning . very helpful. setting up a performance cam is different from standard. basically he says set crank pulley to tdc . then set the cam so the inlet and exhaust lobes on number one are level ( with exhaust lobe approaching rocker) then advance the cam so that the lobe moves about 3 mm . then put the belt on. this is only a rough way to set up as you should use a dial gauge for acurate set up . ignorance is usually blissful but this time nearly expensive ! thanks for quick replys guys .cheers scott

flak monkey - 4/4/06 at 10:14 AM

Sounds right to me. Theres some more detail on the camshaft setting procedure on the Burton website here:

https://www.burtonpower.com/technical/tt_camshaft.html

David

flak monkey - 5/4/06 at 10:32 AM

My pulley turned up this morning. Superb quality for the price, and speedy delivery as well.

Highly recommended