Board logo

Hope for F1 @ Honda
omega0684 - 27/2/09 at 09:49 PM

well hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel

F1 Link

RichB - 27/2/09 at 10:13 PM

I think if anyone in F1 could pull this off it would be Ross Brawn. I just hope he has enough business acumen to stay afloat.

Good luck to "The Team Formerly Known As Honda" or whatever they might cakll themselves.

RK - 27/2/09 at 10:25 PM

Well, I thought about it, but then decided that I didn't know anything about running an F1 team either...

dnmalc - 28/2/09 at 08:47 AM

I would not have high hopes as a friend who was in the honda F1 engine test team and his colleagues have all been given early retirement / redundancy

Trems - 28/2/09 at 08:51 AM

Mercedes are supplying the engines for the first 4 races, thereafter its up to Mr. Brawn to sort out i guess

steve m - 28/2/09 at 09:14 AM

I do hope that the rumours of Mr branston,are false, as i am an employee, of his yet at least 600 of my colleages are being made redundent, as we can not survive the next 2 years, yet he want to invest, sorry loose 100m in 2 years on an F! team

I believe there to be severe cuts in the "V" media and other "V" brands as well

sorry, but it doesnt make any sense, except he will say its good advertising

disgrunteled and dissapointed of Gatwick !!

smart51 - 28/2/09 at 10:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by steve m
I do hope that the rumours of Mr branston,are false, as i am an employee, of his yet at least 600 of my colleages are being made redundent

Whilst I sympathise with anyone losing their job, a virgin branded F1 has all sorts of commentating potential.

"And yes! Jensen button has come first in the Virgin!"

"Oh no! Barrichello has slammed the Virgin against the wall"

Meeerrrk - 28/2/09 at 10:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by smart51
quote:
I do hope that the rumours of Mr branston,are false, as i am an employee, of his yet at least 600 of my colleages are being made redundent

Whilst I sympathise with anyone losing their job, a virgin branded F1 has all sorts of commentating potential.

haha, excellent!

Omni - 28/2/09 at 12:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Meeerrrk
quote:
Originally posted by smart51
quote:

haha, excellent!

(Said in a Murray Walker excited voice) "And Hamilton has taken the Virgin from behind... and come first! WELL DONE HAMILTON. He got a great run on the Virgin and it didn't even know what was happening"