Board logo

Welding fumes
rsk289locost - 1/9/09 at 02:28 PM

Sorry if this has been posted before but I think it may be of use..

http://www.brewracingframes.com/id75.htm

Guinness - 1/9/09 at 02:33 PM

Whoah!

Nasty!

Mike

blakep82 - 1/9/09 at 02:34 PM

f**king hell!

Benzine - 1/9/09 at 02:44 PM

Crumbs!

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
fuppin' hell!

fixed in the style of father ted

vinny1275 - 1/9/09 at 03:00 PM

Phosgene! Nasty nasty..... He's lucky to still be alive, but having realised he'd created phosgene and gassed himself with it, he's mad not to have gone to the hospital. Did his research not show up what it was used for in WW1?

nstrug - 1/9/09 at 03:33 PM

He's American - probably more worried about the cost then anything else. When I lived there I had uninsured (or under-insured) friends who refused to see a doctor or go to the hospital until they were nearly at death's door due to the potential cost

Nick

carpmart - 1/9/09 at 04:22 PM

That really is scary sh*t!

speedyxjs - 1/9/09 at 04:36 PM

OMG!!!

wilkingj - 1/9/09 at 05:20 PM

Yup... Phosgene couod be produced from the old CTC fire extinguishers of years ago.

Very nasty stuff, thats why its even banned from use in WARS.

Dusty - 1/9/09 at 06:07 PM

Phosgene can also be produced by sucking some paint removers through a lighted ciggy. Happened years ago in a boat yard in Portland when I was a kid and they were stripping varnish off an old clinker-built racing dinghy. The old boy doing it ended up in hospital.

richard thomas - 2/9/09 at 06:45 PM

When I was an apprentice we were taught that smoking within 30 minutes of working with these types of chemicals produces the same phosgene problems - apparantly the fumes get into your throat and lungs then when you introduce heat/smoke the same reaction occurs....so it's been known about for some time...but not to many I guess?