Board logo

bike carbz?
ritchunt - 27/9/09 at 06:45 PM

jut a quick one, hen fitting bike carbz do they need to be mounted at a particular angle? ive daffied up my manifold to take them but they are level i5 thi5 going to be a problem for me?

tul214 - 27/9/09 at 06:55 PM

Generally you want the floats level which would mean your inlet runners at approx 30 degrees ish!, but some have got away with fitting them straight.

matt_claydon - 27/9/09 at 07:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ritchunt
jut a quick one, hen fitting bike carbz do they need to be mounted at a particular angle? ive daffied up my manifold to take them but they are level i5 thi5 going to be a problem for me?

I'm guessing you have a broken 's' key!

ritchunt - 27/9/09 at 07:09 PM

ho could you tell lol oh and the vv one

Ben_Copeland - 27/9/09 at 07:32 PM

time for a new keyboard

whitestu - 27/9/09 at 07:39 PM

I tried to find out whether this mattered before I fitted my ZX6 carbs.

I got mixed opinions on whether carbs would work completely horizontally.

After being messed about by someone who made a manifold for me I ended up bolting ZX6 carb ruubers to an ali plate and bolting this to the head like this:

inlet manifold
inlet manifold

The re-spaced carbs push in and mount as they do on the bike, but at a very different angle.

My concern was that I might get fuel starvation on corners or uphill,but they work perfectly.

After quite a few road miles and a couple of trackdays I have had absolutely no fuelling issues.

The best bit is that the whole thing cost next to nowt to make.

This is how it looks all assembled:

Description
Description

Stu

ritchunt - 27/9/09 at 07:48 PM

yeah vvell that5 vvhat im doing ive ju5t chopped the vauhall manifold, and connected the carb5 u5ing rubber5 like you 5aid it ha5nt co5t me anything oppo5ed to a £180 bb one nice one thank5 for the re5pon5e and yeah i defo need a ne keyboard

mr T - 27/9/09 at 08:14 PM

spell checker ,hen!!!!!!!!!

AndyGT - 27/9/09 at 08:36 PM

Alt + 115 on number pad will give you an s!!!!

mr T - 27/9/09 at 08:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AndyGT
Alt + 115 on number pad will give you an s!!!!

WTF i know im pissed but?????