Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Removing Spray Drift - Any Advice?
John P

posted on 28/10/20 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
Removing Spray Drift - Any Advice?

Hi,

Some years ago I painted my car using cellulose and a very old and low output compressor.

I was actually very pleased with the result but suspect the paint thickness is probably on the thin side.

Annoyingly, whilst spraying something white using an aerosol, I left the garage door open and now have some very fine white spray drift on the back of the car.

You can actually scratch individual spots off with a finger nail and although this does slightly mark the finish it looks as though it would polish up OK with some T Cut. On it’s own T Cut doesn’t seem to have much effect.

I’m concerned that a coarser cutting compound would take too much paint off and have read about something called detailing clay but never actually seen it. Ideally you really need something which will target the spots without affecting the main paint layer too much.

Any suggestions?

John.

RussH

posted on 28/10/20 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Exactly what you’d use a clay bar for. Use plenty of soapy water for lubrication.

Duratec Westfield

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.