Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: busa engine management options
Chet

posted on 20/12/11 at 02:21 AM Reply With Quote
Mike -
I'd strongly suggest considering getting more value and enjoyment for your money by using ECU editor and then spending the difference on a DigiDash Pro + data logger dash, race spec tires and track time. The data logger, race spec tires and track time will help improve both driving skills and enjoyment of the car.

Most of us don't admit that we are the limiting factor and not the car!

Chet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Eatpies99

posted on 20/12/11 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFellows
ive done a little bit more investigations....

1. the busa ecu is without doubt tuneable by many a reputable tuner making a power commander completeley redundant - i need to find someone to make me up the cable as $200 is just silly for £15 worth of parts.

2. the MBE setup for a standard 08 busa with loom and all bits is £1750, the stuff it can do is pretty exhaustive and the wiring in the car would drastically be reduced, it would reduce quite a few of the things i still need to buy.

Still feel i have a dilemma though, the parts I have will be worth the most they will ever be right now, and the wiring in the car would drastically be reduced (and the number of sensors needed). But I would of course need a new dash as well as the busa one will have to go.

anyway £1750 + new dash is a hard pill to swallow.

Mike

Hi mike. Where did you get that price from out of interest?? Seems a bit more then I was expecting.

Where's this washer come from????

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeFellows

posted on 20/12/11 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
yeah i know about the tyres/tack days (done a fair few - but im by no means a driving god), but the techie in me likes the custom ecu (and the lack of wires)

price for the MBE was from SBD - whom i believe are the uk distributors.

thought i would add that im not 100% going to do this, im just thinking about it outloud on here to get some educated opinions

[Edited on 20/12/11 by MikeFellows]

SJL

posted on 20/12/11 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
I know someone who got the MBE from SBD and he paid similar to you,I know he was annoyed as it didn't include the sealing boots for the multiplugs

I built my own interface,cost me about £50 all in. You just need the correct TTL cable and the Kawasaki connector plug a couple of switches and leds.

You are more than welcome to borrow mine if you want. You cant get anymore Locost than that

All you would need to do is repin the ECU connector.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.