Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS Bodywork
Triton

posted on 11/4/05 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Loud pipes save lives as the old saying goes
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 11/4/05 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
in that case, mines a sawn off!

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Triton

posted on 11/4/05 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Only works if the prick about to pull out in front of you aint got his stereo blasting.....Knee into door then elbow whacking window gutter as you sail over the front hurts a bit.....dickwad said i never heard or saw you!!!....umm a road going MX bike and he never heard me
dozracing

posted on 11/4/05 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
Easy Tiger.............

Cyclists............ Bar-stewards, all deserve to die horrible deaths under lorries............ Well not all but certainly the one who dented my bonnet as he went flying over it at Guildford train station. British transport policeman asked me nicely to stop punching him and let him get up.

I'll get him properly next time.

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Triton

posted on 11/4/05 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
Kamikaze 4x4 drivers up this way all driving with their head up their arse and wearing ties!!!!! Ties are for weddings and funerals
Peteff

posted on 11/4/05 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
Ties are for weddings and funerals.

No, ties are for stranglings . The most pointless item of clothing ever devised by man.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

rash

posted on 11/4/05 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
dozracing

with the bodywork off the car it still does not marry up anything like your picture so its not the car at fault personally i think the bodywork i recieved was not up to standard regardless of early problems with the supplier your attitude at the show when i spoke to you was sh*t for someome running a company you certainly didnt seem interested in my complaint i maybe didnt shout loud enough though i guess?
Triton

posted on 11/4/05 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Rash,
Sounds to me like you have the older Locost body work? Can you post up a picture?

Mark

MikeR

posted on 11/4/05 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
just to change the subject a little ......... i prefer the low line body work as well. Cause of that i'm going to end up going with Stuart Taylor - he's local so if i have problems its easier to take back. Shame as I really would have liked to have delt with you darren. Maybe i'll change my mind after stoneleigh
stevebubs

posted on 11/4/05 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triton
Loud pipes save lives as the old saying goes

Trust me...the ZXR pipe was...how do you say... "fruity" ?

dozracing

posted on 12/4/05 at 04:57 AM Reply With Quote
Rash post a picture.

Its not possible for the new stuff not to line up properly, because everything has moulded returns that set its position. I don't understand how it can't be right.

You have never spoke to me about the fit of the bodywork. My attitude at that time with regards to delivery was one of utter frustration and i couldn't do anything more for you, for which i apologise. Its a different situation now, and if there is a problem and its new bodywork, i will be surprised and i will get it sorted. I honestly don't understand how it can't fit together properly.

I have sold probably 50+ sets of that bodywork in the past year and no one has reported any problems with fitting it or quality issues with regards to its final fit.

If you want to use ST stuff then you miss out on lots of features of the new bodywork, one of which is the benefit of not having to cut holes in it or stick bumps everywhere for clearance. Come and see the difference in the flesh as it were i have three cars for direct comparison.

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

rash

posted on 12/4/05 at 05:14 AM Reply With Quote
gts

i will take a pic this weekend it was the tall bodywork that was ordered but i am not convinced that is what i got and its not a matched set
MikeR

posted on 12/4/05 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
I hope i don't have to cut holes etc for the ST bodywork - i've measured a friends set and everything should fit on my xlfow engined car with westfield engine mounts.

But i will definately take you up on your offer at stoneleigh before i buy any bodywork.

Just read one of Neds posts. Darren, could you confirm the height of your bodywork above the top chassis rail at the nose and scuttle? If it is only 3/4" taller than the ST stuff ...... well ST worked out at about 16cm which is very similar to Caterham (non SV).

[Edited on 12/4/05 by MikeR]

rash

posted on 12/4/05 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
gts

with the scuttle set level with the nosecone and the bonnet in place the bottom of the bonnet is about 20mm or so below the level of the nosecone i dont think this is a matched set made in one piece surely the nose cone is to be mouted flat and not running up hill towards the scuttle i will be pleased of any advice you have darren to correct this matter thanx rash Rescued attachment not true.JPG
Rescued attachment not true.JPG

rash

posted on 12/4/05 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
gts

all set level as you can see by the level it is difficult to see the bubble but it is true Rescued attachment set level.JPG
Rescued attachment set level.JPG

dozracing

posted on 12/4/05 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Well that answers that question easily. Bl**dy idiot has supplied the wrong nose cone.

Easy fix, Mark, can we make a black nose asap to replace this.

Kind regards,

Darren

rash

posted on 12/4/05 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
gts

thanks for your reply darren pleased its sorted. what do you want me to do with the old nosecone once the new one arrives?
Triton

posted on 12/4/05 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
For a tube full of blue smarties i am sure i can be persuaded.......Tis a Locost nosecone with new bonnet and scuttle from what i can make out in the picture......
MikeR

posted on 12/4/05 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
ooh, ooh, oooh......

(i'm getting excited)

Can someone please (pretty please) confirm the height of the nose in the middle of the car to the top of the chassis rail.

i.e. put the nose on the edge of the table and then measure up to the top of the nose where the bonnet joins it.....

Darren - you may yet get my order

billy

posted on 12/4/05 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Mmmmmmmmmm makes me laff this dos

luego-lo-cost finished,vauxhall 16v 2.0,twin 45s de-dion rear set up

MikeR

posted on 12/4/05 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
why billy?

(never been keen on being laughed at if i don't understand why)

phelpsa

posted on 12/4/05 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
I think he's just read the whole thread about the wrong nosecone being supplied.

Adam

dozracing

posted on 15/4/05 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
Rash,

Are you going to Stoneliegh? If so we will take the proper nose to swap if you like.

Kind regards,

Darren

rash

posted on 16/4/05 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
gts

will see you on monday at stoneliegh
cheers

[Edited on 16/4/05 by rash]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.