Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 20 minutes track time for £25
Humbug

posted on 7/11/08 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
20 minutes track time for £25

Earlier in the year I bought a Rally experience for my son through Motorsport Vision and I just got their latest brochure. Amongst all the usual "experiences" was something I hadn't seen before: Arrive and Drive session on a track (Brands, Cadwell and Snetterton) without having to pay for a whole day. I've just booked a session at Brands on 21st December (nice pre-Christmas present). I guess the only downside is that there may be loads of first timers and boy racers but £25 doesn't seem bad value if you live reasonably near to one of the tracks and since I have put off doing a track day this year because of the cost (usually £100+) it seemed worth a go.

Info here

[Edited on 07.11.2008 by Humbug]

Russ-Turner

posted on 7/11/08 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
That sounds like excellent value to me. Personally though, you would have to pay me to drive an MSV prepared car!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Humbug

posted on 7/11/08 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
...it's bring your own!
Russ-Turner

posted on 8/11/08 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
Ah! No problem then.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Steve Lovelock

posted on 11/11/08 at 06:17 AM Reply With Quote
That looks like a great idea to me. Very tempted.
v8kid

posted on 11/11/08 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.eastayrshirecc.co.uk/

Kames Motorsport Complex Muirkirk £25 for a whole day max 30 drivers in the day Have to be a member but thats only a tenner or so for the whole year.

Humbug

posted on 14/11/08 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by v8kid
http://www.eastayrshirecc.co.uk/

Kames Motorsport Complex Muirkirk £25 for a whole day max 30 drivers in the day Have to be a member but thats only a tenner or so for the whole year.

hmmm... 420 miles/7 hours to get there (according to Google maps), same back, so if I left at say 2am I would be there for 9, leave at 5 and get back for 2am the next day. £100-ish for petrol, £10 for membership, £25 for the day.

Actually, I think not (though it does sound like a bargain if you are in the area)

Simon

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.