Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Poss getting a new project
Marlon

posted on 17/8/09 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Poss getting a new project

Hey all.
Since finishing the indy a couple of years back i'm starting to get a bit bored and am looking at starting somthing new. To finance this venture i'm selling my impreza so whatever i do has to be roadworthy for commuting in and only worked on at weekends and holidays. I really want some sort of classic and am thinking maybe a capri (Idealy want a mini van but not in budget at minute). So have any of you got any tips as to what to look for or even other suggestions of cars. Am going to bank some of the proceeds of scooby so budget for purchace is up to £1500. Open to any ideas.

many thanks.

john

Band Anyone?

Linky to SWMBO 's band
Linky to Brother in laws band
MKoc 1081

Andy S

posted on 17/8/09 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
I went for a Ginetta G31 for a mix of classic and kit with practicality and I have been really pleased with it and with Ginetta getting plenty of exposure recently its given the less loved models like the G26,28,30 and 31 some added credibility.

Well worth a look but G31's which are the best of the wedge style bunch in my opinion are a bit thin on the ground.

Andrew

mikeb

posted on 18/8/09 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
I bought a tvr s1 that was halfway through a rebuild for similar money, has the same engine and running gear as the capri 2.8i just a bit more power and lighter! :0
Marlon

posted on 19/8/09 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers guys, I hadn't thought of either of those makes, Scooby has now gone so i'm now scanning the small ads and will be buying very soon.

cheers

john

Band Anyone?

Linky to SWMBO 's band
Linky to Brother in laws band
MKoc 1081

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.