Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: CVH Cooling
tashlotty

posted on 23/8/09 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
CVH Cooling

Hi folks,

jst want to pick the brains of anyone using a 1.8CVH.

I intend to get rid of the original carb and bumf that surrounds it and use bike carbs. As the thermostat housing is part of this, what have others done.

It's been suggested I use one of the core plugs at the back of the engine (has bolt around outside). Is there a stock housing that will fit or will I have to make an adaptor?

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Daz

avagolen

posted on 23/8/09 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, I also plan to use the 1.8cvh and a thermostat housing from a 1.6cvh that mounts on the back of the cylender head. WrigglyPig use a 'double piped' housing that used both core plugs, but the 1.6cvh only uses one of them.
I have yet to find out if the smaller hole in the thermostat housing requires a drilling in the head.
I will use a blanking plate between the inlet manifold and the head that will cover the old water hole. - Has anyone got any pics of the rear of a 1.6cvh head that will help the build?

Len

Surrey Dave

posted on 23/8/09 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
FWD thermo Housing

Use a FWD CVH Housing , then plate over the inlet water way with the manifold plate Rescued attachment EngineBayManifold Good sml.jpg
Rescued attachment EngineBayManifold Good sml.jpg

avagolen

posted on 24/8/09 at 12:18 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Dave. that looks like my thermostat housing.

Does the head have an extra small hole at the upper edge like the housing does?

Any pic's will be helpfull. Has anyone got any?

Just dropped into an engine shop this PM and they had a 1.6CVH head in. He gave me a quick gander and there it was, a small hole in the head that lines up with the hole in the thermostat housing.

So, if you intend to use a FWD thermostat housing on the end of the head, knock out the left core plug, viewed from the rear, and drill a hole. Use the thermostat housing gasket to mark before drilling.

Len.
Len.

[Edited on 24/8/09 by avagolen]

[Edited on 25/8/09 by avagolen]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.