Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ZZR1400 Tilt Sensor
The Venom Project

posted on 2/2/10 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
ZZR1400 Tilt Sensor

It seems as though this bloody device causes all sorts of issues with my engine. It was mounted flat with the dome facing up, and this made it cut out on fast acceleration, once I took it apart, I could see why this happened and mounted it vertical so the wheel sat into the bowl bottom as such, I was convinced this would cure my problem and again tried it down the drive and back up. I stalled it not giving enough Gas, once again, no start, put it back on the flat and it cracked up again, I cained it into the garage just incase in felt like stalling again, which it didn't.

Does anyone recommend just glueing this device up?

Does anyone think that this is the main cause to the stall?

Any advice would be great.

Also, a friend has suggested something about the secondry butterflies causing issue's between 1st to 3rd gear, what are the feelings with this?

Golly, I though running a bike engined car would be rather easy, it turns out, like bloody hell it is. :-)

yorkshire-engines

posted on 2/2/10 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Nick
you can silicone these up and there ok with that but is it mounted horizontaly accros the car or front to rear as in this case that will tip the sensor enough when your down a drive to cause the tip sensor to operate

The Venom Project

posted on 2/2/10 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Malcolm,

It is mounted left to right on the car now, and mounted with the arrow and wording saying up as in vertical with an L mount bracket onto the top of the Scuttle.

I could say why it did it before, but was not sure why it did it tonight, I can only think I accelerated to much and it span infront of the sensor.

What do you think to my theory? :-)

I think I shall try Bluetack this weekend and then, like you say, Silicone

aitch

posted on 3/2/10 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
surely its completely surplus to requiremnts

so cant you just get rid if it and if its a normally open circuit just unplug from the loom or if its a normally closed circuit then connect the wires together ????

you'll save weight as well

aitch

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Andy B

posted on 3/2/10 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately you cant just unplug it - the Japanese are getting increasingly clever with their ecu,s and it will expect to see the tilt sensor connected or it will start throwing up fault codes.
Similarly a CBR1000rr will run without its Hi - vix servo connected but low and behold 5 degrees of advance go missing from the mid range and a fist full of power
regards
Andy

Breaker

posted on 3/2/10 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
Yesterday, I was sorting out the loom of my 2006 ZX12R and found the "vehicle down" aka "tilt sensor" in the battery tray.

If you mount it correctly with the rubber bushings, why should you try to bypass it ? It's a nice safety feature that will shut down the engine if you flip over the car.

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 3/2/10 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Breaker
If you mount it correctly with the rubber bushings, why should you try to bypass it ? It's a nice safety feature that will shut down the engine if you flip over the car.

Because you subject it to sideways G forces in a car that it is not subjected to on a bike (bike leans so G is always down axis of the bike, unless you drop it).

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.